[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody here please explain the appeal of Kafka's 'the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Can somebody here please explain the appeal of Kafka's 'the trial' to me? I've read it twice in the last two days, once on Monday and again yesterday. I enjoy Kafka's prose, and I can accept the basic premise of it's satire, but anything past that I cannot comprehend.

Tl;dr why is 'the trial' not the modern art of literature
>>
File: 1358818407872.jpg (25 KB, 367x479) Image search: [Google]
1358818407872.jpg
25 KB, 367x479
>>7793239
>it's satire
>>
it's supposed to convey the absurdity of bureaucracy, and how it functions like a farce, and how people are enslaved by its ideals, making their actions nonsensical.
>>
>>7793239
start with winnie the pooh
>>
it is what it is... the parable aspect of it is even an explicit one... I'm not sure what else you're looking for.

feel silly asking but you don't >read for plot, do you?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.