[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most demanding bits of writing you have and took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: ...la verace via abbandonai..gif (1006 KB, 310x198) Image search: [Google]
...la verace via abbandonai..gif
1006 KB, 310x198
What are the most demanding bits of writing you have and took the extra mile to understand?

For me it was the poetry of Anna Ahmatova. She alludes to Klyuyev, Gumiliov, Nerval, Vergilius, her husband Osip Mandelshtam, Cosmas of Maiuma, the bible and anecdotes mentioned by Pliny the Elder and altogether it would only submit to you if you knew a lot about what was going in Russia of the Stalin era; if you were acquainted to the "Journey into the Whirlwind" or "Hope against Hope".
>>
>>7793174
Reminder to END MISOGYNY ON /LIT/
>>
Finnegans Wake
The Red Book
Various occult texts. Crowley, Spare, John Dee, Hermes Trismegistus, others
Essays by visual artists are often frustratingly obtuse, I've read a torturous few, but none jump to mind
>>
>>7793225
roastie status: toasty
>>
>>7793308
>>7793174
>>>/r9k/
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.