[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
e-reader discussion >tfw been reading e-reader only for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 10irfb.jpg (45 KB, 580x327) Image search: [Google]
10irfb.jpg
45 KB, 580x327
e-reader discussion

>tfw been reading e-reader only for 5 years now
>download any book I want, free

It sucked back in the old days walking to the library and having 2 weeks to return the books - or worse buying the book
>>
>external light source
>casting shadows with your body
>can't read literally under the covers during the winter
>can't effortlessly switch between books
>can't effortlessly look up words

the only downside is you can't show off what you're reading

i bet they'll come up with something to change that though since it's literally the only downside
>>
I've also used an e-reader for about 5 years, precisely because I can download books for free, but that doesn't make it better than reading an actual book. I always prefer to have the real copy if I can get my hands on it, either through the library or by borrowing it from parents.
>>
all trolling aside, there's something restraining about actually holding the book. You don't get the same urge to look for something else.
E readers are to books what browsing youtube is to listening to a CD on a long car ride. With CDs you listen to every song in the full, because it's that or silence. Monastic.
to be honest, I think e readers are a mark of lack of control of the impulses, caracterised by a childish temperament and foul anal leaking.
>>
>>7791473
heyy!!!
>>
>>7791241
>the only downside is you can't show off what you're reading

So it has no downside if you're not a pretentious fuck? Good to know.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.