[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best manifestos to read if you are looking for literary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 150x150
What are the best manifestos to read if you are looking for literary value? I intend on starting an uprising, brewing a revolution, commencing a revolt and need to see the type of tone I should borrow from.
>>
lol define "literary value"
>>
Has anyone ITT recommended a little something called My Twisted World yet?

Written by one of the most incendiary minds of the 21st century, its scintillating critique of contemporary womanhood has left a fist-shaped hole in the feminist movement.
>>
http://www.altx.com/manifestos/avant.pop.manifesto.html
>>
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/06/manifestos-a-manifesto-the-10-things-all-manifestos-need/372135/
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
>>7791123
>http://www.altx.com/manifestos/avant.pop.manifesto.html

Would you describe pic related as avant pop?
>>
>>7791109
deep ecology
>>
>>7791109

In the English language, the word "Manifesto" is inextricably bound up with the Communist Manifesto, which paints history with a broad brush in Marx's terms, uses fighting language, and prescribes a particular fight, and a goal. In addition to being fairly well-written, historical importance is also a component of literary value itself, and the Communist Manifesto is acknowledged to be a document of some historical importance. There's no reason not to read this, regardless of your personal political bent, or goals.

The United States Declaration of Independence, like the above, is also a Statement of Principles. It also has the historical importance which automatically translates into literary value. It also anticipates the American Revolution, which matches your word, though again perhaps not your politics.

On the other end of the spectrum, everyone who has read the Unabomber's manifesto acknowledges (some grudgingly) that it is a cogent and articulate piece of prose, which like the above also prescribes a fight and a goal. Only this time, the idea is a kind of necessary luddite reaction.

I have never read Rodger's piece in its entirety, but that full disclosure aside, I'm annoyed at the recent meme to rehabilitate the work. Not out of any moralfaggotry, but because I've tried a few paragraphs /and what I did read felt absolutely god-awful and cringeworthy./ Rodger's piece is probably properly interpreted as a symptom of a semi-victim of a sick society, but that doesn't make it pleasant to read. It bears mentioning that Rodger's own little kampf is petty compared to the above.
>>
>>7791109
I looooooooove yooooouuuu jeeeesus christ
>>
>>7791109
OTFW was mediocre
>>
>>7792363
die
>>
>>7791109
Upon what principles would the uprising be founded?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.