[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
got a 500 word essay on beowulf due next week what should i write?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: covers_beowulf.jpg (80 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
covers_beowulf.jpg
80 KB, 300x300
got a 500 word essay on beowulf due next week

what should i write?
>>
>>7791031
Your suicide letter tbqhwyf
>>
>>7791031
i wrote a 20-30 page paper in college analyzing the swords, their names, their roles, the cultural symbols they embodied. also forged a sword to go along with the paper
>>
Analise it by using the feminist methodology and reflect on the gender roles
>>
>>7791031
> 500 word essay

are you in 7th grade?
>>
>>7791092
Pretty much did the same thing, but not as long. The part where beowulf dives into the lake is pretty sweet.
>>
>>7791031
a 500 word essay on beowulf
>>
>>7791099
first semester uni
>>
Read the damn thing.
>>
>>7791099
do people still fall for this?
>>
Talk about Grendle and how Beowulf says he doesn't matter. But his mom avenges him. This is an interesting paradox. But I won't say more because I don't feel like feeding you an easy essay.
>>
Grendel was the good guy and his mom looks like Angelina Jolie
>>
>>7791031
write about how fifty years of relative peace pass in about 4 lines, teachers love that shit.
>>
>>7791619
Not OP but what would you write about that other than stating it as an interesting fact?
>>
>>7791031

You should write a 500-word essay on Beowulf.
>>
>>7791132
>>7791031
Just watch the movie
>>
>>7791087
Kek

Crichton's Eaters of the Dead was a riff on this story and a fun read BTW.
>>
>>7791625
Just go off on some bullshit about how war and violence is given place of pride in literature over peace and prosperity, and how this propensity continues into the modern day. It wouldn't make for an interesting poem but teachers are just SJW enough that they'd see this as profound and progressive.
>>
I wrote a short paper on the Christian and Pagan symbols/references in the book. It wasn't very good but it's a good topic.
>>
>25 word dissertation on Beowulf due next decade
>haven't even finished yet
A...am I gonna make it?
>>
File: righteous fam.jpg (40 KB, 229x317) Image search: [Google]
righteous fam.jpg
40 KB, 229x317
Beowulf is my favourite 'Epic' work.

Whilst /lit/ fellates itself to the Greeks, I pride myself on Beowulf; having read pretty much every translation/commentary you can think of.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>7792372
Why didn't you just read the original?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.