[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you guys buy your books? Also are you fine with buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 459x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 459x362
Where do you guys buy your books? Also are you fine with buying used copies?
>>
>>7790887
Used on Amazon
>>
>>7790890
^ this. literally can get books $4 total after shipping.
>>
>>7790887
If you're in an urban/suburban area, do some research and find local bookstores to visit. Having a store with a nice atmosphere and friendly people is amazing.
>>
>buying books
just steal them you pussy
>>
New from Amazon, every time. Hot off the machines, baby. I smooch the books when they come. Touched only by robots. Love it. Outstanding.
>>
>>7790903
Wow
>>
>>7790895

Down in Normal IL there's this one bookstore that has some OOOOLD ass books, really cool stuff, like relics. Doorstopping hardware catalogs from the 50s and shit. It's like a museum.

They've got a great dedicated horror and pulp sci-fi selection, which can be pretty rare outside of specialized stores.
>>
>>7790909
Do you know dfw?
>>
>>7790903

10/10
>>
>>7790903
I feel bad about supporting Amazon over independent bookstores, but I can't deny this is a great feeling
>>
>>7790887

Unless you have a sweet used bookshop near you, it has to be Amazon. Barnes & Noble is a total fucking ripoff. They sell new books for the face value of 30 bucks when you can buy them brand new on amazon for 12
>>
Bookdepository.

Or Politikens Boghal near RĂ„dhuspladsen.
>>
I unironically like Barnes & Noble. I find them really comfy.
>>
>>7791192
me too I always get a chair in the toy section (its always empty ) and read some stuff
>>
>>7790909
I have such a giant hard-on for cheap old SF and horror paperbacks. Every vacation I go on, I make it a point to stop at the place's used bookstores and pick stuff up.
>>
bookdepository.com or angusrobertson.com
>>
I get the bulk of my books from an Oxfam used bookstore in my city. There's an independent used books and coffee store here too but I find it pretentious -- it feels more like a place where you go to drink coffee while being surrounded by books than a place you go to buy books. There's also a Waterstones but I find it overpriced. Amazon is my go to if I can't find it at the Oxfam shop.
>>
I use a book price comparison site and get the book i'm looking for where it is the cheapest.
>>
For mass market paperbacks I'll go to Barnes and Noble and pay the sticker price. For bigger paperbacks and hardcovers I'll get it discounted off of Amazon. I like to check out my local book shops but they never have anything good.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 351x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 351x499
New on Amazon. I'm a university student in Canada so I get free 2-day shipping. I make an order of 2-4 books once a week or so. I also buy used sometimes because there's a great store near the school.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.