[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I read next? I'm currently finishing up Hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What should I read next? I'm currently finishing up Hard Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World.
>>
>>7790750

You read them in chronological order as you would read any batch of books.
>>
>>7790750
Infinite Jest obviously
>>
Whats with people enjoying being told what to do?

Save your time and flip a coin
>>
>>7790757
never mind. judging by the cover of IJ you're british so you wouldnt get it
>>
>>7790758
Silly senpai, there are 6 choices.

More like 3 coins or 1 die.
>>
>>7790766
TOURNAMENT
>>
>>7790761
Im sure the British can get it

its not anything exclusively American
>>
>>7790770
I think the point he's making is it's innately a very very very American novel. Americans have a zealousness to pursue and sorta accrue happiness in any fashion possible that other cultures don't really have.
>>
Op here
I'm in the U.S. I bought that copy of IJ secondhand.
>>
Borges is GOAT.
>>
Go stranger > Ficciones > Amerika > Infinite Jest > suttree > gravity's rainbow.
It's something of a thematic order.

If you were to pick one and only one, ficciones.
>>
>>7790750

AMERIKA
>>
Currently working through Crime and Punishment, what should I read next?

>The Count of Monte Christo
>Infinite Jest
>Portrait of the Artist
>>
>>7791300
the master and margherita
>>
>>7791300
Count of Monte Christo, it's mentioned several times in portrait.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.