[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books retold from another character's perspective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: lotr.jpg (105 KB, 864x475) Image search: [Google]
lotr.jpg
105 KB, 864x475
What book would you like to see told from another character's perspective? For me it's probably Smeagol in the LOTR trilogy. You?
>>
>>7790719
The Odyssey, Penelope's POV.
Some feminist will do this one day, and won't be that bad if done well. If the feminist is a decent historian, she can fill in the 12 year gap that Odysseus is gone for.
>>
>>7790728
It's not something a feminist could do, to be honest. The interval between Odyssey's departure and his return is essentially a society without its men, and the consequence is the subsequent generation lack discipline and virtue. They're either rowdy and cruel or timid and weak. It's not something a feminist could write. It's not something a feminist could admit. They'd have to change it to the women of Ithaca creating a utopia of peace and compassion without men. It'd be ruined by the next generation of boys becoming men and Odysseus's return.
>>
>>7790728
Margaret Atwood - Penelopiad.
>>
>>7790728
Already done, it's called the Penelopiad, by Margaret Atwood.
Haven't read it, but we talked about it a bit in one of my class.FYI, it's from a canadian feminist, so you can probably guess the tone and the content.
>>
>>7790734
Yay, I actually wanna read that now. Thanks famon.
>>7790719
Okay, how about Don Quixote from Sancho's view?
>>
C&P from Dunechka's pov
>>
Ulysses from the point of view of Molly's vagine.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.