[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some poetry books/short stories I can read while on LSD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 215290_3365186.jpg (116 KB, 488x768) Image search: [Google]
215290_3365186.jpg
116 KB, 488x768
What are some poetry books/short stories I can read while on LSD?
>>
As a lover of lit and a lover of acid, I honestly don't think they go well together. Tripping really demands something more participatory to do.
>>
>>7790624
The Room, by Hubert Selby
Guts, by Pahlaniuk
Good Old Neon, Incarnations of Burned Children and The Soul is Not a Smithy by DFW
Story of the Eye
Hogg
>>
>>7790632
well its winter and its cold so its not like I'm gonna do stuff outside, and I'm looking for something other than music which is what I usually do

>>7790669
nice maymays
>>
>>7790744
you won't be able to do it a a proper pace and it'll be extremely difficult, it'll feel more like a chore than anything else. Find something more interesting to do or just do nothing at all.
>>
>>7790744
Just watch Conan the Barbarian instead. Trust me, if you immerse yourself in it, you'll understand what they were trying to get across with showing us that world.
>>
Rimbaud
Baudelaire
Blake
Rumi
Hafez
Nietzsche (perhaps Zarathustra?)
>>
>>7790744
You're welcome to try, but don't get bummed out if you find yourself incapable of concentrating on the task over something like the sensation of blowing on the tiny hairs on your arm.

LSD hooks you into your senses quite sharply, and breaks down a lot of your preconceptions about colours and lines and sights and smells and sounds, which isn't something I think remotely conducive to sitting and reading a book.

If you do try, and fail, don't get stuck on it, just float off to find something nice to do.
>>
>>7790828
yeah I've taken LSD a bunch so I'm aware of the effects

I just recently started getting into literature (past year or so) and I wanted to try and add that to my trips because music is fun and all but I want to try and play around with thoughts rather than sensations next time

I can totally see me getting bored in 2 minutes and dropping it though
>>
>>7790837
Be Here Now is a good acid book. It'll have you in tears.
>>
>>7790828
I don't know anon, I've always been able to maintain sharp clarity when I've taken acid, able to hold full conversations and drive. I've read a few times when I was under and each time it was a top tier experience. It helps if it's a book you've already read many times so you already have the structure of it all set up in your mind. It just adds layers onto what you're reading.

>>7790837
You won't get bored, but it will make your imagination create stuff like crazy, so you'll probably be stopping to contemplate those thoughts for long period and only end up reading a little bit.
>>
You won't be able to read. Try finding audio readings on Youtube or something.
>>
>>7790854
Books that I've already read sounds like a pretty good idea actually. I might reread some PKD stuff in that case.

I never intended to be reading fast so it shouldn't be a problem

thanks friend
>>
File: scanner-darkly-cover.png (88 KB, 360x582) Image search: [Google]
scanner-darkly-cover.png
88 KB, 360x582
>>7790861
Honestly, an audio book or a radio play would probably be the most engaging form to experience a story in this situation.

Paul Giamatti did a pretty good reading of A Scanner Darkly. That's what I'd go with.
>>
>>7790872
Damn, it was PKD that I was reading too. When I read The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, I was inside that world living it and breathing it, filling everything with detail even beyond what's written. I still have every scene of that book painted out so clearly, all the characters and their subtle behaviors playing out simultaneously. Really think about which one that you choose, because it will be burned into your thoughts for awhile.
>>
DUDE LSD LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO

DUDE DISTURBING THE BRAINS NATURAL LOGICAL EXPANSION BY SENDING IT OFF INTO WILD TANGENTS THAT SOULD NOT BE ACCESSED UNTIL A CERTAIN AGE LMAO

DUDE UNEARNED SENSE OF SUPERIORITY LMAO

DUDE SOUR GRAPES LMAO
>>
>>7790918
>DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>Buddhism can permanently damage the brain
>>
Jeff noon - vurt
>>
>>7790918
Through drugs, you can access your unconscious and come to understand things about your own psyche that you would have otherwise never reached acceptance with. It's just making yourself dream while you're awake. It's a deeply cathartic and restoring experience for me personally.
>>
>>7790624
>>7790837
I had the same idea of playing with thoughts while on LSD. But better than reading a new book, I suggest preselecting passages/paragraphs/chapters/quotes/whole-books previously, ones that you have already read, and which reasonate deeply with you, or they got you very interested, or you want to think on it some more.
>>
File: square.gif (5 KB, 390x370) Image search: [Google]
square.gif
5 KB, 390x370
itt: gentlemen of the straight-world persuasion
>>
>>7790624
The Tao Te Ching and "Miserable Miracle" by Michaux

>>7790918
this is a dumb pasta
>>
the crying of lot 49
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.