[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /lit/ view The Things They Carried? It made me cry in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: thingstheycarried.jpg (32 KB, 319x475) Image search: [Google]
thingstheycarried.jpg
32 KB, 319x475
How does /lit/ view The Things They Carried? It made me cry in a good way.
>>
>>7790526
Loved it OP. It was a very interesting and fun read. One of my favorite parts was when that kid wrote to his best friend's sister and she never writes back. It was nice seeing how the author wrote in a way that showed how you feel is truer than the truth and what actually happened.
>>
>>7790526
It's the only short story I enjoyed in English lit. Wasn't overly pretentious, felt real and I had to put a lot of effort into controlling my facial muscles to avoid crying in class.
>>
File: 1448154085401.png (204 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
1448154085401.png
204 KB, 400x292
>>7790672
*It was
>>
>>7790526
It's pretty baller unfortunately I was diagnosed as schizoidal while reading it and my memories of it are extremely fragmented and probably none of them are true at all. I'd like to read it again but I probably cannot read for any extended length of time and also i wouldn't be able to retain much if any of the information. I might even forget about this thread after I post in it, and given that I have about 24 other tabs open at the moment that possibility is very near a reality.
>>
>>7790685
This is sort of one of the themes of the book
>>
dude read 'going after cacciato' it's v.good

crazy story: it's about an Iowa boy who goes to Quang Ngai in central vietnam and I, an iowa boy, happened to start reading it on the train to Quang Ngai.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.