[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard is this for a French learner to read in French?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
How hard is this for a French learner to read in French?
>>
>>7790514
Impossible to know if we don't know first what is your level of french
>>
>>7790595
Two years of classes. English is my first language btw.
>>
I'm curious to know some good books to improve my french with as well. I'm finishing up my second semester of french. I've heard Camus' prose is very simple, would that be a good place to look?
>>
>>7790620
Yes, read l'étranger il est trés facile. Could check out Modiano too for some more simple prose.
>>
>>7790628

beautiful. thank you!
>>
Houellebecq is pretty easy if you're any good at the language. I only have two years of university French and I can read him pretty comfortably. I can also read Balzac and Zola but I typically have to reread their sentences a few times and look up a word or two.
>>
I'm learning French right now. When the fuck do all the idiomatic constructions start to sink in? Is there a good resource for learning them specifically?

No amount of vocab or grammar helps with the billion exceptions.
>poopeler = to poop
>se poopeler = to invent a new kind of dance
>se l'en poopeler = to enjoy a futuristic vacation on the moon
How they actually appear in sentences:
>se leur lui l'ca'-t-lui-qu'ils-ca-poopeillair-du
>>
>>7790653
once you start actually thinking in french, the idioms will become natural
>>
>>7790653
>>poopeler = to poop
>>se poopeler = to invent a new kind of dance
>>se l'en poopeler = to enjoy a futuristic vacation on the moon
lmao
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.