[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teen shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_n7pirqGG1K1rtwrfoo1_500.png (366 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7pirqGG1K1rtwrfoo1_500.png
366 KB, 500x300
This girl I like asked me to recommend her some books. I don't think she will like my tastes, since I really like war memoirs and stuff like that. She's a typical sad girlz teen who wears flowery shit. Give me some good angsty or coming-of-age books or whatever a teenager will like.

no Catcher in the Rye pls
>>
Hamlet
>>
>>7790470
Oh, and À la Recherche du Temps Perdu.
>>
Demian
>>
Make her start with the Danaans.
>>
Candide
>>
>>7790463

Some Jean Genet, or a not too edgy Sade book. You could also go with a big, troubled and deep book like Les Origines de la France contemporaine by the infamous Hyppolite Taine
>>
The Wasp Factory. It's perfect for an adolescent girl like that.
>>
File: degenerate scum.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
degenerate scum.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
>>7790481
Degenerate get out.
>>
Tell her to start with the Greeks.
>>
File: 1446588045822.jpg (67 KB, 575x1050) Image search: [Google]
1446588045822.jpg
67 KB, 575x1050
>>7790515
P R I M E L O L I P U S S Y
>>
the alchemist

the perks of being a wallflower
>>
>>7790535
Rumia is a youkai of darkness though, not a loli
>>
Naked Lunch
thank me later
>>
>>7790463
The Things They Carried, Tim O'brien
>>
>>7790463
anything from the Beats generation,chicks love that angst and baggy eyes.
>>
Kafka on the Shore, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The Elementary Particles, Love in the Time of Cholera, White Noise.
>>
>>7790463
The Delta of Venus
>>
>>7790536
both incredibly trash, you're gonna rot the girls head

>>7790590
>>7790507

these are pretty good suggestions
>>
File: camus.jpg (28 KB, 233x423) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
28 KB, 233x423
no joke camus is the most YA author ever discussed on this board.

>inb4 triggered reddit teens
>>
On the Road
The Stranger
Naked Lunch
The Sound and the Fury
>>
Perks of being a wallflower is what you are looking for OP
>>
>>7790463

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues is like Catcher in the Rye for teen girls of your description.
>>
>>7790463
Make her read Flannery O'Connor. If she likes her stuff you can both get married, move into the countryside and never leave again.
>>
>>7790818
Have you ever seen teenagers understand Camus?
>>
Post Office
Steppenwolf

>>7790590
Seconding these
>>
Lolita, teenage girls are so into it because of the whole Lana Del Rey/sad girlz kinda thing

Also Bukowski's poetry, it's pretty tumblr

(shoutout my boys American Football)
>>
>>7792151
shoutout emo nation

Anyway Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Murakami should do the trick.
>>
>>7790463
The Bees by Laline Paul
The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Attwood
Temeraire by Naomi Kovaks
Should all be stuff a teenage girl will like.
>>
>>7790463
I read Crime and Punishment when I was 15 and haven't looked back. She might like it.

>American Football
Good taste.
>>
Platos apology
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.