[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have $100 to spend on books. Help a /fag/ out and make a nice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I have $100 to spend on books. Help a /fag/ out and make a nice haul for me. Somewhere between 7 or 8 titles that are fairly unique etc.jpg.

Doesn't matter what I have read. Just want to see what /lit/ can organically cook up for me.

Hint: I love most classics you can name especially the Russians.zip., I'm kind of over po-mo (at least the heavy staples i.e., Wallace, Pynchon, Delillo, etc.), and every piece of South American lit I have read has proven to not be my style. Not really a genre person, but am open to try new things.
>>
Try some of the mid-century British writers. Evelyn Waugh, Graham Greene, that sort of thing. I can particularly recommend those two.
>>
the greeks
>>
>>7788992
"Arete: Greek Sports from Ancient Sources - Miller

Invisible Man - Ellison

American Tabloid, Cold Six Thousand - James Ellroy

The Shepherd's Life - James Rebanks

No One Left to Lie To - Christopher Hitchens

Something by Sjon, Raduan Nassar, Sandor Marai
>>
Stoner- John Williams

2666- Bolano

If on a winter's night a traveler- Calvino

Death in Venice- Mann

Short Stories by Greene

All of Austen

Confessions of a Mask- Mishima
>>
>>7788992
get the out of print diary of napoleon

>>$100
>>6 books
jeesus

are you trying to like READ books or OWN books?

get a few generations back kindle and then buy $60 of discounted and free books
>>
The Obscene Bird of Night by Jose Donoso
>>
>>7789061
All in B&N gift cards
>>
Go to libary desu. Use money to buy food

Poor fag here
>>
The Blind Owl
>>
tristram shandy
Andrei bely
Tristan tzara
Stefan zweig
>>
>>7789091
Get one of those gaudy hardcover books... I recommend Jurassic Park by the esteemed Michael Chriton!
>>
The complete work of hart crane
The manshoyu
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.