[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I really need some help and /r/ has failed me I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
Guys I really need some help and /r/ has failed me
I'm looking for a book I read in elementary school, it was a series of hard covers with artwork similar to a series of unfortunate events
It was about steampunk pirates in that sort of future where it's advanced but there are still wooden/metal ships and i think they could fly?
There was also magic involved and I remember some sort of forging process which has the only words I remember "white hot flame"
It was a pretty high level book for elementary kids
there's another book I desperately want to find but don't want to fill the catalog with another thread
>>
>>7787620

....so it can't be Treasure Planet right?
>>
Akiko...?
>>
remember any other specific phrases
>>
>>7787628
Hell no lol
>>7787636
No, all i can remember was it had very detailed artwork, like the kind you'd see in the three musketeers or Robin Hood
>>7787646
Sadly no, I do recall the protagonist being a young recruit on the ship
The cover was mostly green if that helps
>>
>>7787620
I also remember it being a thick book, like Harry Potter type of thick but square, not the big ass rectangle some books are
>>
give me some specific year. like
when you read it
or, when you think it might've been published
>>
>>7787671
I read it in 2008-2009? It seemed like it was published only a few years before that, it wasn't an old seeming book
It'd probably be in YA fiction, and was part of a series
I could tell you the school I got it from if it helps
>>
>>7787620
Was the protagonist a gnome or elf like creature and where there other non human creatures too?
>>
>>7787679
>elementary school in 2009
what
are you like 15 years old or something
>>
File: Time-Passing-More-Quickly.jpg (48 KB, 449x330) Image search: [Google]
Time-Passing-More-Quickly.jpg
48 KB, 449x330
>>7788046
he's probably 17-18.
>>
File: 3604458.jpg (35 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
3604458.jpg
35 KB, 264x400
>series of hard covers
>steampunk pirates
>future where it's advanced but there are still wooden/metal ships
>they could fly
>There was also magic
>It was a pretty high level book for elementary kids

say no more senpai, I gotchu
>>
>>7788092
Oh fuck I remember these. Might give them another look they were really quite funny when I was a kid.
>>
>>7787620

The Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddel?

The art style and setting are reminiscent of their work.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Edge_Chronicles
You're welcome
>>
the edge chronicles?
>>
>>7787620
Treasure Island
>>
>>7788299

Up your game, mate. I beat you by 11 seconds.
>>
You fucking sperg it literally took me 5 seconds of searching to figure out it's the Edge Chronicles
Learn how to google you sack of shit
>>
>>7788299
>>7788300
>>7788302
we all went a googlin
>>
>>7788304

Nah, I'm >>7788298 and I remember the books from my own youth. Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell even visited my Primary School to do a reading and signing of their latest books.
>>
>>7788308
fuckin twelve year olds on this board.
>>
>>7788315

Nah mate I'm quite a bit older than twelve.

Do some fucking maths.

I was in Primary School

>between the ages of 4-11

Old enough to read relatively long books

>I was actually 10 at the time

They were promoting their newly released books

>They have been publishing since 1998, it was actually 2001 that they visited my school

Tell me how you get 12 years old from that?
>>
>>7787620
Who's the girl?
>>
Mortal Engines?
>>
>>7788761
Her name is Semena De Mona
>>
>>7787620
Who is this spunk monk?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.