[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In less than half an hour, this book will be available on kindle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 333x499
In less than half an hour, this book will be available on kindle. I should be getting my copy in the mail tomorrow. Is anybody else excited?
>>
>>7787200
I have bad experiences with the publisher translations so im not sure.
>>
>>7787200
Is this like the manga/anime? Or is it different or a continuation of it? Should i watch the anime first before reading too? Or is it just fine to read the book u think?
>>
>>7787868
they are both based in the novel, you cunt.
>>
>>7787868
The anime is GOAT as far as anime in general is concerned. Watching it first should be fine since only the first three novels have been liscensed for translation, and we don't know if the rest will get translated. If you are going to watch the series, I suggest you start with the movies My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars which is a prequel to the series, and Overture to a New War which is the director's cut of the first two episodes.
>>
>>7789010

Is it a 1:1 adaptation? I watched the anime a long time ago but didn't finish it.
>>
Yoshiki Tanaka is one of the best japanese SF writers. I have his books in japanes but I love someone finally decide to translate Ginga Eiyu Densetsu. A must.
>>
>>7789041
Most of us don't know yet. The book was literally released today on western shores. As far as I know, the anime covers roughly one chapter per episode with a few gaiden stories thrown in there as well.

At what point during the series did you stop?
>>
>>7790087
Right after Julian comes back from Earth.

I think I'll just hope for the remaining 7 books to get licenced and start then.
>>
I heard the sample and seems like the book is gonna be far superior as it gives more flair to the characters. There's ecen some playfull bickering between Reinhard and Kirchieis
>>
File: 1448918399595.jpg (19 KB, 303x332) Image search: [Google]
1448918399595.jpg
19 KB, 303x332
>>7787200
>i know for certain this book/show would have made me squee with excitement and proclaim it best thing ever at 15
>now i think it's improbable author self-insert derivative crap with intolerable anime googly eye bullshit

Growing up is a drag.
>>
One thing I always wanted to know from the show but never got a clear answer to.

Were the galactic federation guys actually germanic pagans, did they actually believe that Odin and Valhalla shit or were they mostly secularist who just keep saying shit like that as a heritage thing?

We didn't see much of religion outside the terranist cult. I hope the book casts some light onto that.
>>
>>7791193
you mean acquired "sophistication"?
>>
>>7791193
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>7791234
Probably just a heritage thing.
>>
>>7791234
It was all Rudolph von Goldenbaum's doing, iirc. He also established the new aristocracy made of white people with germanic last names.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.