[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/weird/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: man-s-head.jpg (390 KB, 1112x1576) Image search: [Google]
man-s-head.jpg
390 KB, 1112x1576
Books with odd subject matter?

Weird books?

Weird, odd, out there, what

And I'm referring to subject matter of the book, not the prose. I don't mean weird as in inaccessible (joyce) or textual gimmicks (danielewski). I mean weird subject matter (I guess danilewski still fits).

Can be fiction or non-fiction. What's the weirdest book you've ever read?
>>
The Book of Mormon. Weirdest Bible fanfic ever.
>>
>>7787044
You win.
>>
The Erl King by Michel Tournier (1970). 10/10. Masterpiece and weird shit.
>>
File: 6636500.jpg (88 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
6636500.jpg
88 KB, 400x400
>>7787044
Lol it's actually pretty decent from a fanfic point of view.
As an ex-mormon, the BoM is basically fanfic of Jesus peacing out from the middle east after getting crucified and coming to hang out in Central America instead. There are some dudes who pack up their families and sail across the Atlantic ocean and land in the Americas. They begin a great empire but as always some of their clan are assholes and start their own evil empire. It's clear that the author (who was a white guy from New York) had absolutely no clue about native American history, let alone azte, inca, or mayan cultures, so of course none of the mythology in the Book of Mormon lines up with actual history whatsoever.

Basically yeah it's weird as fuck.
>>
Jeff noon - vurt.
>>
>>7787030
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beginning_Was_the_End

Dude, cannibalism lmao.
>>
milkbottle h
>>
>>7787030
This should hold you:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A1Z4T84CCU56DI
>>
>>7787068
Now there's an author you don't read about everyday on /lit/. Good choice, anon.
>>
>>7787135
how dare you insult my sacred religious text
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.