[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If someone in real-life asked you to recommend a book and regardless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: col49.jpg (16 KB, 230x362) Image search: [Google]
col49.jpg
16 KB, 230x362
If someone in real-life asked you to recommend a book and regardless of who the person was, what would you recommend so that the other person would get a positive experience out of it?

Picture is my choice, I believe that most people (I hope) have the capacity to enjoy this one.
>>
The once and future king.

It's got all the shit you need.
>>
>>7786370
Locus Solus.
>>
bro, i love pinecone and lot 49, but you are crazy if you think most people would like that
>>
shit book.
>>
I just finished this book. I enjoyed it in a masochistic way
>>
>>7786482
You're right to some degree I guess.

The prose was the best part for me, I didn't find it dense, English is not even my first language.

Out of the books I've read, maybe Stoner by Williams would be more universally enjoyed.
>>
I would recommend them my great unwritten novel, "Rifkin's Dilemma."
>>
Bridge of Birds. If you don't enjoy that book then you're a goddamn hater and I need you out of my life.
>>
>>7786540
>knows two languages

You're already a genius by americlap standards m8
>>
>>7786705
Yeah but whats that worth in a sea of geniuses.
>>
>>7786370

If I was approached on the street by a completely random person and I had to give them a recommendation that they would be nigh guaranteed to enjoy, and I had to make that recommendation whilst knowing absolutely nothing about them, their personal tastes, and their character?

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes. Best bet.
>>
>>7786722
That was kind of my intention. To find books that could be universally enjoyed. Of course you have the classics, but it is likely that these wouldn't be that enjoyable to whatever person you think you are recommending books to.

If you think about it, then the recommendations in this thread probably reflect the character of the posters more than anything else.
>>
>>7786720
Nothing. It was just a joke you fucking autist.
>>
>>7786764
Oh.
>>
>>7786764
kej
>>
>>7786691
oh, hello
>>
Ecclesiastes 2bh

or the collection of Whitman poems as edited by Bloom
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.