[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm losing interest in my biggest project only one chapter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1648535.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1648535.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
I'm losing interest in my biggest project only one chapter in. It's taking too long to write but I don't want to give up all the hard work I put in, but if I stop now I'll probably never finish it.

what do I do?
>>
Take your time with it, take a break if need be and write something else? Or maybe it's just not good, and your boredom is telling you that you are approaching it wrong.
>>
File: 1403478072211.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1403478072211.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>tfw you know you can finish this novel but you keep skirting around the main characters primary motivation that carries him through it, its like its refusing to be found

>with any other story its not a problem
>>
>>7786255
I RECOGNIZE THAT IMAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVfnIhtWD0
>>
>>7786717
Well fuck, looks like I'm going to need to change my wallpaper
>>
>>7786255
Work on a different chapter.

Successful writing is mostly about a work ethic to just fucking keep going
>>
Story themselves are alive, from the mind to the physical, it would be regrettable to die so early
>>
File: GALAXEI.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
GALAXEI.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
>>7786717
>>i had it saved too
can i get paid to record stuff like this? trynna make that $$$
>>
Fampai, ask yourself: if you are not interested enough in your work to want to finish writting it, will your readers want to finish reading it? If you just need to give yourself more time to finish, do that, but if you've lost interest less then one chapter in, you should seriously consider changing what you are writting.
>>
Chain yourself to your desk and swallow the key or something

>>7786717
What the fuck man
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.