[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everybody say it's really good, but the summary makes it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 9781844089611.jpg (27 KB, 254x400) Image search: [Google]
9781844089611.jpg
27 KB, 254x400
Everybody say it's really good, but the summary makes it look gay as fuck.

Would I like it even if I'm not gay?

Also, on its wiki page:

>It was a bestseller within the gay community.

What would people think if I read this in public spaces? I don't want them to think I'm gay.
>>
Women writing about civilisation generally doesn't work out well.
>>
>>7785572
>le women can't write meme xD

I suggest you to read Memoirs of Hadrian by Marguerite Yourcenar.
>>
>>7785043
Mary Renault writes a lot of gay shit mang. Generally it's good shit I hear.
>>
>>7785730
Would I appreciate it, as a straight man?
>>
>>7785043
Most people wouldn't have a clue what it is.
Also
>Ancient Greece
>copious amounts of homoeroticism if not full on homosex
Pick both.
>>
>>7785891
>Ancient Greece
>copious amounts of homoeroticism if not full on homosex
>Pick both.

That's not actually true though. Certain political agitators pushed that myth. There certainly was homosexuality and pederasty, but no where near as rife as some would have you believe, and more often in the later decadent centuries of the Ancient Greeks.
>>
It's probably the best greek historical fiction you'll find. It's grand in scale, slow and subtle shifts in politics and environment seep through and the tenderest depiction of an erastes and his lover. But you seem pretty stupid so I don't know if you'll enjoy it. Just stick to GRRM or Graves and stop shitposting.
>>
The King Must Die was dope
>>
>>7786186
You don't answer my question >>7785749
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.