[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /lit/, a lad I want to bone is going to be coming in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 9780140449334[1].jpg (914 KB, 1460x2244) Image search: [Google]
9780140449334[1].jpg
914 KB, 1460x2244
Alright /lit/, a lad I want to bone is going to be coming in from another city in a couple months.

I've read a decent amount of philosophy but it's mostly technical and painful reads (Kant/Wittgenstein/Analytics) that don't take up much space on my bookshelf and hence don't impress.

What are some easy philosophers (who naturally, aren't complete crap) that I could blow through (compared to Kant) and fill up my shelf.

I know most late Stoics (Aurellius, Seneca, etc) are quite simple to read (Meditations, Letters from a Stoic), anything else?

Secondary texts that look fancy (i.e. don't have names that give away their simplicity such as "the basics of philosophy" or something) also appreciated.

Yes, yes, you can judge me for being a filthy pseud but all is fair in love, right?

Also, I'm sure there are other anons who are extremely interested in getting an answer to this, I'm sure easy mode philosophers would even help ease them into the field.

TL;DR: What are some easy-mode philosophy books that can rack up my bookshelf while maintaining its integrity?

Pic related
>>
How is Problems of Philosophy by Russell, easy read?
>>
>>7785008
Fill it up with lots of Dawkins, random sci fi, a john green here and there, and some feminist lit. Next, I want you to add "per se," "as if," and "I can't even" into your vocabulary. Watch some Bill Maher and adopt his humor as much as best you can.

I fucking promise her snatch will be wet, m8
>>
>>7785176
>Dawkins, random sci fi
>her snatch will be wet
That's not how it works, reddit.
>>
>>7785185
OP here, he's easily impressed but he is not retarded.

im looking for things that would fly as undergrad Phil easy reading, that is, they have some semblance of academic integrity.
>>
>>7785008
>Alright /lit/, a lad I want to bone is going to be coming in from another city in a couple months.
Go to bed Ceit.
>>
Well, if you're a lad boning a lad, wittgenstein and brand are right up your alley.
>>
>>7785215
Honestly buying a bunch of philosophy books isn't going to help you get laid. Stupid idea.
>>
tl;dr you're just going to come off as a pseud, /lit/ equivalent of GRRLL GAMER
>>
>>7786535
I will actually read the books you know.
>>
>>7785008
Are you a girl? Could you please post some pics of your feet next to your favorite books?
No homo shit though.
>>
>>7787814
Just like the girls play Skyrim
>>
are you a girl or a boy?
>>
>>7785008
Nigger people don't decide to let you bone them on the basis of your bookshelf.

If he's not knowledgeable enough to know that good philisophers are good (and that basic texts are basic), then he's not knowledgeable enough to care.
>>
>>7787891
desu I'm a dude and if I met a meh girl that read philosophy I would rather fuck her than a dumb pretty one
>>
>>7787921
You're an all-round disappointment to your gender
>>
>>7787936
>>
>>7787940
You meant to reply to
>>7787921
>>
>>7787950
I guess I get turned on by the idea of getting both spiritually and physically promiscuous with a girl. Like I'm fucking a person and not an object.
Also "meh" girl is not "radioactive one legged crack addict with scars where her left breast was". It's average girl.
>>
>>7787921
>I did not read the post
If you cared enough about philosophy that it would literally motivate you to fuck someone -- then you would care enough about philosophy to know that Wittgenstein and Kant are "impressive".

If not...then you wouldn't care. And, let's be honest; you wouldn't actually be motivated to fuck someone because of what books were on their shelf. You'd be motivated to fuck them because of them -- their person and their interests (and to some extent, their looks). All things that are easier and more effectively conveyed by actually meeting the dude. Hence why no one gives a shit about your bookshelf.
>>
You guys seem to not have much experience with non - literary boys.

People are easily impressed lit, many of them dont realize there is a genre of academic books that is neither fiction nor modern non fiction (self help, bs enterpreneurship, etc) but philosophical non fiction.

Anyway would really appreciate more answers to this.
>>
>>7788454

How does 'oh look he reads (sort of) obscure stuff' translate to 'I want to sleep with him'?
>>
Ask him if the problem of transworld identity is a pseudo-problem
>>
>>7788514
Uhh lets just say he really likes maintained his goodreads profile,haha.

Im not saying this will be the game changer but itll help, in any case Im sure ill enjoy the readings too.
>>
>>7785008
Chinese philosophy. I recommend Tao Te Ching.
>>
>>7785008
Also the Nag Hammadi Scriptures
>>
Thanks for the answers!

>>7788539
Nice, Im not completely sure if you're trolling me but I have heard about this. Even if it isnt simple im sure ill enjoy it. Muchas gracias!

>>7788555
Ah I was considering that, I wasnt sure if it was easy to read though.
Is it one of those books where one can analyze it endlessly if they like but reading it and scraping the surface is exceptionally simple?
Is Zhuangzi also easypz?
>>
>>7788551
maintaining *
>>
>>7788559
Oh, never heard of that one.
Thanks.
>>
>>7788581
It's also good if you want to instantly make Christians hate you. Nothing makes a Christian angry like Gnostic stuff.
>>
>>7788573
>Ah I was considering that, I wasnt sure if it was easy to read though.
It's extremely easy to read. You don't need any background in philosophy to understand any of it, and it seems like it was written by Laozi to be understood by the widest possible audience.

>Is it one of those books where one can analyze it endlessly if they like but reading it and scraping the surface is exceptionally simple?
Yes.

>Is Zhuangzi also easypz?
Yes, but I don't think he's as insightful as Laozi. It's worth a read if you just want to fill up your shelf.
>>
>>7788598
>Yes, but I don't think he's as insightful as Laozi. It's worth a read if you just want to fill up your shelf.

Neat, thanks a ton!

>>7788594

That's a non - issue, Im technically Hindu but like many Indians I know am a part of a family that is by and large agnostic (excluding the grandpappies).
>>
>>7788625
Well that's good. You might not want to mention the Nag Hammadi Scriptures to any Christian friends you might have.
>>
shameless bump.
>>
>>7788625
Saale Homo...

Vikram Baital by Richard Burton

Bhosadi kay, kyun apne baap ka naam badnaam kar rha hai?
>>
Get some Eastern shit with classy covers, the Hindu epics, some edgy and 2deep authors like Nietzsche, Foucault, ect. Pick up some more obscure stuff like Schoppy's world as will and representation, and of course NO philosophy collection is complete without the complete works of Aristotle in hard cover.

Foucault is basically becoming the new Marx in pseud circles so he's worth keeping around and knowing about.
>>
>>7785185
>can't detect a sarcastic post
>>
Is OP proof that the end of all actions is ultimately to get laid?
>>
>>7788641
>implying the average christcuck would even know they weren't part of the bible

you overestimate how much Christians know about Christianity.

>>7788996
For a poo-in-loo, yes.
>>
>>7787986
Kant is impressive, but dont kid yourself about the Wittgenstein
>>
>>7788999
Well the Christians I've spoken to about the Nag Hammadi library got angry about them. I guess I don't know any "average" christcucks.
>>
Get a lot of different copies of James Joyce novels, but dont read when they arrive, just throw them at the wall a few times to get that 'beat-up' book look and then pretend to read them in public
>>
>>7788774
Arrey, vaise bhee, pitaji ka mujh par garv kaha tha?

Also, good idea, put in some exotic Indian lit.
>>
>>7789526
I got the Oxford Classics edition of Ulysses and it already looks like I've read it several times when I'm only about 90 pages into it. That's a really flimsy edition of the book.
>>
>>7785008
The ego and his own is pretty fun to read desu
>>
>>7790661
Is that spook easy to read?
>>
>>7787825
Jesus fucking christ
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.