[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_2016-03-07-11-50-56.png (798 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-07-11-50-56.png
798 KB, 540x960
What are you currently reading, /lit/?
What are your current thoughts?

>Pic related
>>
Dead Souls. It's good.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 182x276) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 182x276
it's great can't wait to continue
>>
The Idiot. It's good.
>>
Austerlitz by Sebald. It reads like a Good book.
>>
Moby-Dick and American Psycho
>>
>>7784118
The master and Margarita, excellent.
>>
>>7784118
more like charlacan amirite
>>
File: Milkbottle H.jpg (37 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Milkbottle H.jpg
37 KB, 800x600
It's quite a formidable read. Thinking about scanning it sometime soon.
>>
Halfway through The Trial, I like it so far, but I haven't read in two weeks because I fell to boo-hoo and was too unmotivated to read. I'm feeling somewhat better now and I think I'll come back to it tomorrow. Also bought a book with collected works of Aristotle I should start reading.
>>
>>7784368
Read this last month and really enjoyed it. I hope more people start picking it up because it's cheap & Orlovitz deserves to be noticed even in a niche space as this.
>>
>>7785397
Where is it "cheap"?
>>
For Class:
Critique of Pure Reason
Being and Time
Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature
Kant and the Problem of Metaphysics

Not for class: (Mostly Memes)
Gravity's Rainbow
White Noise
The Pale King
Wittgenstein's Blue and Brown Books
Working through all of Plato's dialogues, on Gorgias atm
>>
Ulysses & Ulysses Annotated. I'm having a blast.
>>
The Night Land

So far so good, but I'm only into the third chapter. I never really come to /lit/ but after lurking some Lovecraft thread on /tv/, I decided to poke around here and saw some recommendations in a Lovecraft thread here. Also bought a collection of Algernon Blackwood stories, just haven't started reading it yet.
>>
>>7784118
nothing. i just finished the house of leaves though. pretty good book, shitty ending
>>
>>7785470
As I said, I will scan and provide it for this community sometime soon. Orlovitzis very underappreciated and I would love to have some more people acquainted with him more.
>>
Capital vol 1
Augustine's Confession
>>
Really liking Notes From Underground
>>
Catch-22
its really fun
>>
Parzival by Wolfram Von Eschenbach.

It's really pretty delightful. There's so much color and pomp and chivalry in the story. It's also told in kind of a catty, snide manner, talking about how expensive all the things the knights wear are.
>>
This thing right here.
>>
the naked lunch and Ulysses. they're good
>>
File: kjkjk.jpg (30 KB, 309x474) Image search: [Google]
kjkjk.jpg
30 KB, 309x474
Foucault's Pendulum

Nothing like an authors death to get you to pick up the book of theirs you bought ten years ago and read it, eh? 300 pages in it only just feels like the main plot is beginning to kick in. That said, I can't say I've disliked what I've read so far.
>>
File: 91Ok4wYkfBL.jpg (590 KB, 1719x2560) Image search: [Google]
91Ok4wYkfBL.jpg
590 KB, 1719x2560
Just finished this morning, haven't had a chance to start anything new

Pretty weird shit right here
>>
Basic Writings of Martin Heidegger

Shit is way over my head
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.