[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trash Lit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
Looking for well-paced, easy, guilty-pleasure/enjoyable books. Trying to get my mind out of the fast-paced internet, and back into reading books. My guess is that this will allow me to flow back into reading again, any recommendations?
>>
City of god. Paulo lins
>>
infinite jest
>>
Finnegan's Wake
Infinite Jest
Ulysses
The Fault in Our Stars
Gravity's Rainbow
>>
Don't kid yourself: read manga.
>>
>>7783129
Gene Wolfe.
>>
Q&A, Vikas Swarup.
Unsophisticated by incredibly engaging
>>
>>7783129

The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley. It's a great book for bibliophiles.
>>
>>7783190
how does someone that doesn't read qualify as a bibliophile
>>
>>7783129

Anything by Nathanael West. His longest book can be read in like 4 hours if you're concentrating.
>>
James bond was my guilty pleasure. Then I read some Le Carre and was blown away.
>>
>>7783139
>>7783144
>>7783147
>>7783161

p-pls no bully
I want to ascend from my plebeian status

>>7783167
>>7783190
>>7783272
>>7783279

I'll look into these, thanks
Is there a compilation of what I'm looking for? All the /lit/ infographs are usually for critically-acclaimed books
>>
Nigger city of god is about young thugs in the favellas of Brazil. Slinging drugs and killing each other.
>>
>>7783638

Shit, sorry, thought you were referring me to St. Augustine
>>
kerouac is easy as shit to read (unless his edgy stream of consciousness syntax fucks you up) and either leaves you with a generally entertaining and pleasant story or something depressing to ruminate over or usually both
>>
Coelho's The Alchemist
>>
>>7783698
OP is faggot, I know. But why do you want him to have cancer?
>>
>>7783151
Not OP but that's what came to my mind first
>>
File: spurdohelsinki.jpg (127 KB, 648x440) Image search: [Google]
spurdohelsinki.jpg
127 KB, 648x440
Palahniuk and Bukowski are simple as heck. You can easily read a book a day with those fellows. Of course everything they write is basically the same, but you probably won't mind the first few times.
I'd start with Ham on Rye for Bukowski and Choke for Palahniuk.
>>
Haruki murakami and paul auster are easy
>>
>>7783962
Ill second murakami
simple and fairly enjoyable reads
>>
The Hobbit
>>
File: based inertia man.jpg (76 KB, 450x651) Image search: [Google]
based inertia man.jpg
76 KB, 450x651
>>7783129
Discworld books, Hitchhiker's Guide, Neuromancer, Sherlock Holmes, A Clockwork Orange, maybe some Chuck Palahniuk (a lot of people dislike him; I think he's fine).
>>
Discworld. Dirk Gently. Agatha Cristie. Harry Potter. Metro 2033.
>>
Behead All Satans
>>
>>7784037
stop shilling
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.