[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you respect audiobook listeners /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: ab.jpg (29 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
ab.jpg
29 KB, 450x338
Do you respect audiobook listeners /lit/?
>>
Of course not.
Great for commute though.
>>
I don't respect anyone unless they're threatening me or I need something from them.
>>
Actual book readers>Audiobook listeners>>>>>>>>>>e-book "readers"

That's my respect scale.
>>
Sometimes the book that's being read is ruined by the bad reader, Good Omens had some of its humor lost to me because of the reader, still funny though
>>
>>7783082
This has to be bait
>>
>>7783060

then you don't respect them, you're just managing them on either side of a power relation, game scenario, need-equation, etc.

So the language displayed here is along the lines of a sociopath.
>>
File: 1457121671900.png (14 KB, 640x712) Image search: [Google]
1457121671900.png
14 KB, 640x712
>>7783060
patrish a f
>>
>>7783082
There is absolutely nothing wrong with e-readers
>>
File: 745.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
745.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>7783727
>>
>>7782983
I am one, I sometimes do it while working. However, it feels too much like multitasking.
>>
File: new_meme4.png (35 KB, 129x187) Image search: [Google]
new_meme4.png
35 KB, 129x187
>>7783725
Respect is always a power equation, some people just have no insight into their own subconscious motives.
>>
I am a dirty audiopeasant - I have no shame. It's super fun and convenient when in transport, while doing some menial activities (e.g. running, doing some shit on the garden, etc.), or just before going to sleep.

I have my real-book/audiobook ratio around 1:1 lately, but that's mostly because in general I listen to a shorter (and more easily digestable) books in audio than the ones I actually read.
>>
>>7782983

I don't disrespect them for listening to audiobooks, but neither do I think that listening to audiobooks is merit enough to deserve my respect.
>>
>>7783082
I agree, e-readers are absolute pleb shit

You might as well start vaping too
>>
Read and listen to audiobooks at the same time crew
>>
>>7784198
Shut up
>>
>>7785466
one time I took LSD and just lied in my bed in the dark with my eyes closed and listened to an Audiobook of Infinite Jest

was p good would recommend 2bh famalam
>>
>>7785823
I would never take LSD, I like being in control of my body
>>
>>7785913

>I would never take LSD, I don't like be degenerate scum

FTFY
>>
>>7784198
seconded
fedorafags on suicide watch
>>
>>7785823
>>7785913
>>7784198

jesus you guys are so lame.

personally, i can't read an audiobook and retain the amount of information that i can when reading. but good for you if you can.

e-readers are not for plebs. they are for people who want to carry a few books with them whilst enjoying the convenience of not holding a physical copy. pdfs/mobis are not as nice as an actual book, but the convenience outweighs this for most people.

bet you guys are the kind of people that lug round a copy of crime and punishment and set it on the table, next to your fedora of course, for everybody to see.
>>
>>7785913
then choose to be
>>
>>7782983
Some books are actually better in audiobook format (like Moby Dick - most of this book has some facade of meaning which is struggle to get through at first time if you read like tryhard)
>>
>>7785913
you are still in control of your body. All it does it changes your perception to reality, which may cause you to decide to do certain things.
>>
>>7786013
What if I shit myself though. That's the only thing I'm worried about.
>>
>>7786013
Joe Rogan pls go
>>
>>7786047
you won't.

Just be near a bathroom. You aren't delirious, you just hallucinate. It's not like "I talked to a clock for 3 hours" it's more like "wow this tree is beautiful I hope nobody talks to me right now I would sound like a retard holy fuck that wind why am I in a new universe oh damn the tree is honking at me oh nevermind that's a car shit I sohuld get away from the road"
>>
It's fine as long as they don't tell people they "read" it.
>>
>>7786065
I feel like I would be paranoid that I shit or pissed myself and constantly be running to the restroom or hide in the bathroom for 5 hours because of how paranoid I am. You see whenever I smoke weed I get a weird about this even though nothing ever happens. This is why I don't ever smoke anymore. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>7785913
>>7786047
>>7787014
This -->>7786065. What you're thinking of are dissociatives and deliriants, like ketamine and inhalants. LSD doesn't impare you're judgement like alcohol, but your decisions are based on your perceptions of the real world, since the part of your brain that would say "I kmow I am hallucinating, and I know I shouldn't overreact to these distortions and hallucinations" is turned off. You're not going to shit your pants, but your body will produce a lot of nasal mucus, which can be annoying.
>>
>>7787330
Wait so LSD doesn't effect the brain the same way that marijuana does? So for example if weed makes me paranoid, LSD may not necessarily make me paranoid? Also what are the differences between acid and LSD
>>
>>7787363
It really all depends. For marijuana, experiencing paranoia varies between strain as each one has differing ratios of indica to sativa. As for LSD, it all depends on Set and Setting (your current state of mind, and your surrounding environment).

>acid
>LSD
They're the same fucking thing. Acid is slang for LSD. Are you twelve?
>>
File: 1333994611611.gif (2 MB, 440x284) Image search: [Google]
1333994611611.gif
2 MB, 440x284
I listen to books for over 8 hours a day while I work full time. What takes you fucks weeks or months to read, I devour in days. Come at me.
>>
>>7787380
I thought LSD was a more pure form of Acid.
>>
>>7787434
Gee, I don't know. What do you thnk Lysergic ACID Diethylamide is, retard?
>>
>>7787471
Fuck you, dick.
>>
>>7787434
>>7787471
street names, acid is basically any shit on a blotter paper, maybe its pure maybe its research chemicals. LSD is pure.
Just like how Molly is the pure form of ecstacy
>>
>>7787418
l-like a vacuum?
>>
>>7787418
>listen to books
I mean, just
just kill yourself.

Retarded mongoloids don't even.
>>
>>7787712
Yes!
>>
>>7782983
I used to think ebook readers and audiobook listeners were lame. Then I joined the Peace Corps and was able to access hundreds of books with my tablet. Then I got an NGO position where I have to ride around in shaky, insane roads, and now I'm thinking I need to download some audiobooks.
Real books are the best, but they're a luxury. If you're a mobile person, other formats become a necessity.

The drawback: Amazon is literally the literary equivalent of Wal-Mart. They're an evil fucking corporation that offers books at unsustainably low prices, driving out all their competition (bookstores). Their proceeds also rarely reach small publishing companies, meaning small publishing houses don't make money from their products.

Source: I interned at a small publishing co, then worked for a major indie bookstore
>>
>>7782983
no
>>
>>7787482
No, acid definitely refers to LSD.
>>
>>7783060
Le tip, reddit friend :^)
>>
>>7787482
Acid means LSD, but someone might sell you something else on a blotter paper as acid with the intention of misleading you, because acid is rarer and more valuable than most other things sold on blotter.
>>
>>7788869
Fuck people that do this. It's so hard to find a reliable source.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.