[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the last book you lent to a friend? Did they like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 13
File: 11111.jpg (23 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
11111.jpg
23 KB, 500x281
What's the last book you lent to a friend?
Did they like it?
Have you gotten it back yet?

>Mona Lisa Overdrive
>They never read it.
>6 years later, nope.
>>
>Crime and Punishment
>He never read it
>Five years later, nope

FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEE
>>
>>7781129
Salt of Earth by Ratzinger knowing he won't read it.
It was only 3 weeks ago so I don't need it yet.
>>
>>7781129
>friend
:'(
>>
>Brothers Karamazov
He read a bit but no i haven't got it back yet :/

But i lend stuff like Nabokov and Chesterton to my dad all the time and although he may miss some of the intricacies he gets through them all.
>>
>>7781144
>wanting your friend to read shitty translations
top kek he did the right thing
>>
I gave Delta of Venus to a shy girl in my class who asked to recommend a book for her and she is literally wet for the D at this point. I almost feel bad for acting so indifferent to her.
>>
>>7781264
How'd you have the balls to recommend her erotica, especially if you don't know her well? That just begs to be taken out of context.

Also have you fugged yet?
>>
>give Stoner to a female friend
>hasn't even started after half a year

>give 2666 to a male friend
>returns it after 3 weeks, talked with him about it for two hours

Life is slowly turning me sexist.
>>
>>7781129
>Theme of Farewell and after poems, Milo De Angelis
>They're liking it so far
>They're currently reading it
>>
>>7781129
>a book about the ways famous people have died. i forget the title.
>she DROPPED IT IN THE FUCKING BATH
>ruined it. kept saying she'd get me a new copy, never did
>>
>>7781337
Maybe she thought she's famous, and wanted to be remembered for having been killed for dropping a book in a bath.
>>
>>7781129

Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
>>
File: Top kek m8.jpg (166 KB, 465x472) Image search: [Google]
Top kek m8.jpg
166 KB, 465x472
>Tfw I'm the guy who doesn't give books back
>>
"The Broom of the System" by DFW.
Lend it to a co-worker 4-5 years ago. He quit his job, promised to meet again (we were friends), even to just return the book.

Hasn't read it (I'm pretty sure)
Hasn't returned it - never saw him again.
Too lazy to contact him - Bought a new copy.
>>
>>7781129
I used to lend books to my sister: she'd only read shitty vampire fanfiction; now I borrow books from her.
>>
>>7781129
Shit. I lent Neuromancer to a friend because of a paper she was writing. Two years have passed and she didn't even use it. I consider the book gone.
>>
Clash of kings. It's got me in a weird position where I couldn't give less of a fuck about ever seeing the book again but on the other hand I'm letting someone exploit my property beyond my consent of it.
>>
my mom borrowed my copy of My Struggle 3. She liked it, but said she preferred the two first books. Not yet, but Im sure ill get it back in easter
>>
>>7781129
>Game of Thrones
>Read the first chapter
>Left it in my place by mistake
>>
You have to hold books hostage desu friend
>>
>>7781307

no, Life is slowly turning you gay
>>
>>7781454
could be interpreted as "she turned you into a huge vampire fanfiction reading pleb"
>>
>requiem for a dream
>'hasn't had to time to read it' but is plowing through a game of fags
>i'm demanding it back, shit's one of my favourites

i just want my fucking book back /lit/
>>
File: pepefacehug.png (39 KB, 366x275) Image search: [Google]
pepefacehug.png
39 KB, 366x275
>>7781129

>lending books

usually if a book leaves me i don't expect it back, so as not to rush the reader i've recommended it to.

that said, I've accidentally kept someone else's Palahniuk paperback once.
>>
>>7781129
>Coming Up for Air
>they never read it
>about a month later
>>
>>7781129
>Round Ireland With a Fridge
>11 years ago
>got it back three weeks later
>pages fallen out but kept
>left out in the sun and melted spine
>replaced it with a new one later, but never again.
>>
>send email to friend
>attach ePub of Mason & Dixon
>wait for read receipt that never comes
>8 months on he still hasn't returned it
>>
>>7781129
>The road
>they never read it
>a year gone now.
>>
File: Yotsuba36.png (129 KB, 433x333) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba36.png
129 KB, 433x333
>lend 1984 and Sirens of Titan to pleb friend
>took him more than 3 months to read them
>he liked 1984 but thought Sirens of Titan was too confusing

God I wish I had friends that read.
>>
Lolita.
Lent it to a friend in grade 8
Found out in grade 12 it had been passed around the school, was probably cum-stained by now
Never got it back, never wanted it back
>>
>Siddhartha
>Never read it
>Getting to almost a year later, nope
Worst part is I think it could really help with his depression.
>>
>Lent Ficciones to a male friend.
>He read it, enjoyed it and we had fun discussions about the stories.

>I had a female friend who didn't read who wanted to get into it and new I read a lot and had a lot of books.
>She picked The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner from my shelf (don't know why she was attracted to that one especially) and said "I want to read this one".
>I tried gently to suggest she might want to start with something a little more basic, I was gonna give her maybe Sirens of Titan or Cat's Cradle.
>She insisted, took The Sound and the Fury.
>Never read it, moved away and I haven't seen her in 3 years.

Never leant another book to a broad again.
>>
>>7781303
Sorry for not getting back sooner. I made it up. I'm an autistic virgin.
>>
>Gnarr by Jón Gnarr
>he found it entertaining but still doesn't like him as a politician (few people do so no suprised there)
>yes
>>
This doesn't answer OP's question but it's somewhat relevant:
>2 years ago, beginning of Junior year in high school
>go to the sci-fi club to try to make friends
>some random guy comes up to me with a copy of Maus
>"have you read this?"
>"n-no"
>"here, take it"
>gives me the book, walks away into the crowd
>read it over the next several weeks, loved it (/lit/ probably hates it for being a comic but I found it entertaining back then)
>never saw the guy again
>now I have a hardcover copy of Maus sitting around
Was a very weird experince, felt like something out of Jumanji.
>>
You don't "lend" books to people. You give them. That's how it works. If you "lend" a book to someone and expect to get it back, you're a moron and it's your own fault. This is well established and has been for over a century.
>>
>>7781845
>if a book leaves me i don't expect it back
this is the correct attitude to have. Just think of it as a gift, and then if you do end up getting it back, it's like YOU get a gift too.

Most people fucking break the spine and fold pages and shit anyway, I usually don't even want it back.
>>
>>7782180
“Never lend books, for no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have lent me.”
― Anatole France

“I hate lending, or borrowing—if you want me to read a book, tell me about it, or buy me a copy outright. Your loaned edition sits in my house like a real grievance. And in lieu of lending books, I buy extra copies of those I want to give away, which gives me the added pleasure of buying books I love again and again.”
― Jonathan Lethem

“There is a simple rule: practice a kind of generous selfishness. Give a book to a friend, but don't lend it, because you will never get it back"
― James Wood
>>
>>7781845
>>7782180
>>7782184

This. Whenever I've lent out a book and it's actually made it back to me I've been surprised. If I lend a book, it's in the expectation I won't see that copy again. For many books I'm fine with that (need to free up shelf space anyway) but there are some I simply wouldn't 'lend' if I actually wanted to keep them.
>>
>>7782152
>not liking based Jón
>>
>>7782219
>based
Either you don't live here or you're a teenager.
>>
>>7782259
>being on 4chan over the age of 19
>>
I lent my Indian friend a copy of The Messenger by Markus Zusak since he said he'd only ever read two books in his life.

I don't expect to be getting it back, not a great loss though
>>
>>7782272
minimum age is 18 kid
>>
I don't give books, but I bought the Unbearable lightnessbeing to a co-worker.
He's reading it and enjoy
>>
>Divine Comedy
>She read it for 5 minutes on the bus
>Nope
>>
slaughterhouse five
he liked it so much he got "so it goes." on his arm (but he never finished it)
no lol
>>
>>7781894
Oh fuck i read that years ago an jus forgot
>>
Lenny my dad moby dick, he didn't read it, not even a page, and I think he forgot he had it. Not worried about getting it back though I have two copies.
>>
File: 1418725325061.jpg (23 KB, 395x346) Image search: [Google]
1418725325061.jpg
23 KB, 395x346
>>7782658
>Lenny my dad
>>
>Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man lent to my housemate who studies maths.
>About halfway through, enjoying reading something a bit different from books on fucking statistics. Intrigued by Joyce.
>Hopefully will get it back but have a spare, nicer copy anyway.

Reading Infinite Jest alongside it and enjoying it so I'm surprised desu
>>
>>7782658
>>7782670
I chuckled.
>>
I lent The Savage Detectives and 2666 to my girlfriend around Christmas. As we're both students, I didn't expect them back incredibly soon, but we had planned to see the live performancr of 2666 in Chicago on the 26th of February so she was determined to get them done before then. I think I got 2666 back around the 20th and TSD about a month before that.
>>
Lent my copy of On The Road to my best friend, it's his favourite book now. I'm not going to ask for it back.
>>
>>7781129
ITT: people who recommend and give books that are not easily accesible to people who can not handle them.
>>
Sandman - Preludes and Nocturnes. She said it was satanic.
>>
>>7781129
Never lend books to people, they never return them or they never read them.

My brother lent his copy of HP Lovecraft's Necronomicon (a volume of Lovecraft's published works in a two-volume set of all his published works) to a girl he liked and she never read any of it nor did she return it, and he couldn't be bothered trying to get it back.

Just don't ever do it, guys, seriously.

Although saying that, the receptionist at my university lent me his copy of The Martian and told me that when I'm finished with it to leave it at a charity shop because his book collection was taking up too much space (and I plan on reading it, despite the shit it gets on /lit/ because I want to form my own opinion on it and I'm sure it'll be an easy read after I've finished Moby Dick). I will read it and I'll probably keep hold of it unless if I really don't like it.
>>
>>7781337
You should've pushed her further closer into getting you a new copy, anon.

>>7781350
Underrated post, you're a funny guy, anon.
>>
>>7781559
That seems to be the general consensus with My Struggle, that the third book is a dip in quality.
>>
>>7782164
Nah dude, /lit/ actually really likes Maus.
>>
>>7784780
Lend books to people, but for fuck's sake gauge their interest first. Why you'd give half the stuff mentioned ITT to people who aren't already readers is beyond me. Some random girl you have a crush on probably isn't interested in reading the complete works of Lovecraft, especially if she hasn't already sought out and read some of his stuff. I only lend books to people who actually read, and I get them back in good condition pretty much every time.
>>
>>7782658
It's like essential dad-core, get your Dad to at least try it.
>>
File: 1456268123804.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1456268123804.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>Ubik to a former co-worker.
>he may have read it as I saw him poster something about PKD on facebook
>Feels good

>Labyrinths to friend
>Two years ago
>He only takes it out to roll weed on it then throws it on the floor
>ask him why he hasn't read it yet
>"it won't blow my mind like weed does"
>I'm going to slash his pillow while he sleeps.
>>
>>7782865
Never let her go, anon.
>>
>>7784794
My brother is adamant that this girl was very interested in Lovecraft, but I'm sure she wouldn't be so much if she found that poem about "the nigger" (which, despite the clear racism of it, is actually a really well-written poem imo).
>>
>>7784803
> ask him why he hasn't read it yet
> "it won't blow my mind like weed does"

Why are you friends with this absolute mong?
>>
>>7781999
currently reading ficciones alongside one of my female friends. we're both really into it and discuss the stories the day after we read them. i'm hope borges has another collection we can explore after this one
>>
>>7784803
Just take it back you dip, he won't mind
>>
>As I Lay Dying
>Yes
>Yes
>>
>>7784817
*i hope
i need to go to sleep
>>
>>7784815
He hasn't really completed anything outside of a a videogame in years. He's constantly in a malaise. I have seen moments of his true talent and determination, so I hold onto some hope for him.

I don't know Borges really opened up my creative sensibilities when i read him years ago, and when I gave him the book I hoped i could somehow spark a change in him.
>>
File: 1449169584278.jpg (2 KB, 127x116) Image search: [Google]
1449169584278.jpg
2 KB, 127x116
>>7784834
>He hasn't really completed anything outside of a a videogame in years. He's constantly in a malaise. I have seen moments of his true talent and determination, so I hold onto some hope for him.

It's like you are describing me
feels bad

At least I'm not a stoner
>>
>>7781129
I lent Tanizaki's "Seven Japanese Tales" (the 1975 edition) to my ex-girlfriend. We broke up and she told me I won't get it back, so fuck her.
>>
>>7784888
>so fuck her

not anymore you won't
>>
>>7784834
>>7784872
I need to get back into finishing video games sometime. Once I'm done with uni work, I'm taking a brief break from reading and going to play some of that Xenoblade X
>>
>>7784892
It was the "don't stick your dick in the crazy" kind of deal, that's why I lent her this specific book. It's full of fetish, incest, bdsm stuff.

But yeah, you're not wrong.
>>
>>7784904
I started Tomba! and Resident Evil 2 for the first time a few days ago, it's extremely refreshing to invest yourself in something interactive after so much time spent reading, researching and studying.
>>
>>7784914
I really need to play the classic RE2 sometime, and I haven't seen Tomba in ages.

You're right, really. It's very refreshing to have something engaging/interactive after a long period of not going near video games. I found myself a while ago being hooked on the first Jak & Daxter game for that very reason: it just felt so immersive after a long period of study, kind of like a mixture of binging on Saturday morning cartoons.
>>
>>7784872
What are you doing on /lit/ if you don't finish books?

>>7784914
Tomba is rad, good choice
>>
The Stranger to an ex bf
Never even read it
It's like one hundred and fifty pages is it that hard you faggot?
>>
File: 1456119593201.png (77 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
1456119593201.png
77 KB, 250x190
>>7785121
oops, didn't mean to blacktext the rest
>>
>>7781942

I'll be your friend anon.
>>
>>7781129
I have no friends who would interested in borrowing books
>>
physics fundamentals, coletta
nop
nop
>>
>>7781129
Misery
Claims to have liked it despite the fact normie friend couldn't even get through 1/4 of the book. He also believed he'd write his own horror novel without ever picking up a book himself.
Took six months to return despite him living 5 min away and giving up after a weekend.
>>
>Be university student
>Sitting outside a lecture hall reading Crime and Punishment
>Guy from my degree comes up to me
>He is Singaporean
>He has introduced himself to people using three different names to different people
>I know him as James
>He asks what I'm reading and if he can have a look
>Lecturer walks in, we go in and take a seat
>James is reading my book
>Throughout the lecture he keeps reading
>Halfway through he gets up and goes to the toilet
>Still reading C&P as he walks down the stairs
>He returns, still reading and walking
>Extreme concentration on his face throughout the 2 hour lecture
>Lecture finishes
>He leaves with my book still in front of his face

Its been two years now. Whenever I mention the book he laughs and says he still hasn't finished it and that's all I can get from him. This is only one of many James stories. I have accepted that I am never getting the book back.
>>
>>7787673
i want more james
>>
>>7787673
I love James already
>>
>>friend is a massive pleb, only reads crime novels
>>she's obsessed with this spanish soap opera set in Franco's time
>>give her Juan Goytisolo's "Duelo en el Paraíso"
>>it's set in Franco's Spain just like in your spanish 'lovelas!
>>she actually likes it
>>there is hope even for the plebbiest of plebs
>>
The Stranger

He liked it, and read the whole thing, but it took him a while to getting around to reading it. He probably had it back to me after a month or two
>>
>>7781144
> calls other normies
> read normiest of all normie fiction
>>
>>7785121
Fuck you, I have better stuff to read.
>>
>>7788183
>I am That to a friend
>Never Opened It
>It was more than $10
>Will ask for it back
>>
>>7787673
based James
>>
>>7781129

I swear this isn't bait.

I lent an acquaintance my signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars - I still haven't got it back and the only reason I want it back is because I think it might be worth something.
>>
>>7781307
my nigg
>>
Zombie Island by David Wellington. Nobody in my friend group reads except me and the last time I lent someone a book was high school.
I did not get it back.
>>
>>7781129
Norwegian Wood. Yes. No.
>>
>>7781129
>The Necronomicon.
>Is currently reading it, but it's a long book, and he's more-or-less a normie.
>A few months to a year ago, nope.
>>
The Windup Bird Chronicle
Yes
No, he lent it to someone else.
>>
Good Omens. It's funny because the introduction was about how the copies of the book brought to signings were always falling apart, or stolen from friends. My copy had whole sections falling out, and when I lent to the guy, he never returned it.

Probably shouldn't call it 'my' copy because I also 'borrowed' it from another person and I think I forgot to give it back.
>>
>>7788266
> John Green signed copy of his most popular book
> John Green, the most popular YA writer at the moment

Yeah, it's worth something alright (even if the book is trash), and your buddy clearly knows it. Good luck seeing that again, I'd be surprised if he didn't sell it already.
>>
>>7787673
More James stories, anon. You can't just say that there's more stories without giving us more stories.
>>
>>7781465
>>7781129
Neuromancer to my little bro, hr got like 20 pages in and sometimes jokes about octagons, shame hell never read the thing let alone the series
>>
>>7787673
>bringing a borrowed book to the bathroom in front of the lender
check out the balls on James
>>
>>7789829
>>7787673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NygOFsExGMU
>>
>>7789840
god seinfeld really went downhill in the last few seasons
>>
>The Sun also Rises
>a lot
>lent it to her cousin so I guess I'm never seeing it again
>>
>The Picture of Dorian Gray
>Doubt they ever read it
>Nope

it's been like a year and half. the slut also stole a painting from me. fucking hell...
>>
>>7789889
>the slut also stole a painting from me
what? how?
>>
>>7789893
we were living in the same house for a bit, and i had a painting i had bought in the living room. when she started moving stuff out, i wasn't there. i returned to find her and the painting gone. also, the lights in my room were on and it seemed she had been going through my shit. memories...
>>
>>7789906
I get mad when my room mates takes my guitar picks let alone paintings...
>>
File: 1456683063115.jpg (250 KB, 1424x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456683063115.jpg
250 KB, 1424x1080
>Sickness Unto Death
>She still hasn't opened it
>No. Doubt I ever will.
>>
>>7789911
yeah, i was pretty upset. strangely, i didn't even remember to bring it when i next saw her.
>>
>Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe
>He sayed he enjoiyed
>Waiting for it, but think I will get it next week.

Fun Fact: I packed all my old books in a box and switched places, let them at my parents house. Two weeks before I took this one book out cause lend it to my friend. 3 days ago my mom said me she thrown all books in the box away.
>I saved this book by lending it.
>>
>>7781735
>by mistake

Sure it was.
>>
>>7781129
I give away most books when I'm done with them.
Gave my GF Howl's moving castle (she has not read it yet.
gave a friend Dune (she has not read it yet)
gave my brother "Mortal Engines" (he has not read it yet.

The only one I can give a book to and who with certainty will read it is my dad. I remembered him telling me once about a book he had read a long time ago that he really liked, about a seagull. So I gave him Jonathan Livingston Seagull for Christmas, and he had finished it two days later.
>>
>>7782272
the average of this board is 21 fucker
>>
>>7789889
>stole a painting from me
>picture of dorian gray

this is great
>>
>>7787769
>>7788037
>>7788222

>We are film students
>He contacts a few of us saying he has a filming gig for us
>Its for his businessman boss who runs some weird retail store that sells the randomest shit (jigsaw models of the effiel tower and japanese manga dolls)
>His boss is running a business conference and asks us to film it
>15 asian entrepreneurs in a room looking at slideshows
>easyshit.png
>At the end they run a questionnaire based off chinese mythology about their elemental types and how they should run their business accordingly
>We pass the footage over to the editor
>Jame's boss is giving him trouble and doesn't like the rough cut
>He asks the editor to edit the conference like its a fast paced reality tv show.
>Editor says its impossible with the footage that we got
>The boss is not please with how amateur we are
>Boss is mad at James for getting us on board
>We hear James tries to get back in his good books by pitching to make a viral video for the business
>Boss is pleased with the idea
>James asks him for two million dollars to make the viral video
>Is confused when the boss says no

By the way, remember how I said James introduces himself to different people with different names? He introduces himself to lecturers as 'Napoleon'
>>
File: 9780061318580-us-300.jpg (25 KB, 300x453) Image search: [Google]
9780061318580-us-300.jpg
25 KB, 300x453
>>7781129
Fields, Factories and Workshops by Kropotkin. Lent it to a SJW pseudo-anarchist friend in the hopes that reads something more meaningful than Tumblr posts. He did not read it
>>
File: 1456373755847.jpg (130 KB, 720x828) Image search: [Google]
1456373755847.jpg
130 KB, 720x828
>>7791376
Oh, actually most recently I gave the Communist Manifesto to a co-worker at the last place I worked at, because he didnt know who Marx was and the other people kinda made fun of him, so I felt bad and gave it to him as a gift. He seemed happy
>>
File: 1440764612922.jpg (435 KB, 968x1024) Image search: [Google]
1440764612922.jpg
435 KB, 968x1024
>>7782164
Have not read Maus and probably wont because it seems way too hyped up but I have pretty much the opposite story to share.

>meet some art-fag guy through an ex-roommate
>we both are into comics so I decide to make friends and give him my copy of Habibi to read
>its a huge hardcover tome and its a great comic
>I dont expect anything in return but I do specifically say that I hope he is careful not to damage it or something
>he says okay but he still gives me one of his comic books, its City of Glass
>some months pass and I ask if he can return my book
>he says yeah
>some months pass again and I ask for it a second time
>he says he gave it to his GF while she was on a trip in another country, and yadda-yadda the spine of the book is now ripped
>he says he'll try to buy a new one but in the end he doesnt
>I havent seen him since then
>City of Glass is actually pretty good but come on
>>
The man in the high castle
I don't know
She died five days later, it felt weird to contact the family about a fucking book
>>
>>7791382
>he didnt know who Marx was
>people kinda made fun of him
>he seemed happy

this is some serious flowers for algernon shit you got going
>>
>>7791362
Another:

>There is an upcoming short film competition
>I put together a team, James is on another team
>We wrap shooting on the final day
>That night I call a friend on James's team as they have also wrapped
>I can hear the crew having a few drinks, I can also hear James being the loudest
>Friend says that James has been drinking heavily
>My friend is the director of photography on the project and used his fairly good DSLR camera
>He picks up and first thing he says is: "God fucking dammit James"
>He tells me the story of the weekend
>They arrive on set on the first day
>James mentioned that he just bought a new camera and wanted my friend to have a look and teach him how to use it
>Friend says sure but first comes filming then he can teach James how cameras work
>Their film is all set at night time, my friend struggled with the dark lighting conditions every night
>They wrap filming
>James pulls out his camera to show to my friend
>Its a fucking Sony A7s
>It is the camera that /p/ circlejerks over
>The low light capabilities are industry breaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RyiS-mrp1c
>My friend flips the fuck out as the camera would have saved him hours of setting up lights
>He asks James how he got the camera and why he never mentioned it
>James says:
>"I don't know too much about cameras man, I just walked into a camera store and asked the guy for a recommendation and said that cost is no problem"
>Friend finishes the story and is silent
>In the background I can hear James arguing with a girl
>Phone call ends as I hear James yell "Shut up bitch and go make me a sandwich"

I do like James, honestly he is probably one of the best bros I've met in my degree.
>>
>>7791427
how did she die?
>>
>>7791605
Jap fuckers caught her
>>
>>7781129
>Crime and punishment
>Yes and that got him into serious literature
>Yes

He's a good friend, bought me The Brothers Karamazov for my next birthday. Also I give a lot of books to my dad and just don't bother taking them back, since I can get them whenever I want from his place.
>>
>>7781129
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Floated around most of my friend group, only one actually finished it.
>>
Confessions of a Mask to a guy I like, a few months ago. Hasn't read it still.
>>
>>7781967
Almost the same here, except he did read it and it slightly helped with his depression. Still haven't gotten it back though.
>>
>Andrea Gibson Madness Vase
>He loves it, still has it
>Don't expect it back, it's in good hands
>>
>>7791605
She was in Africa during the experiments
>>
>>7793932
fag
>>
>>7781368

pretty much. I forget about them and no one ever brings it up.

If they cared, they would ask for the book back.
>>
>>7781845

I have had my friends paperback copy of fightclub for years. Read it in the first month.
>>
>>7781129
>They never read it
They never do. Last $300 I wasted on books for other people never got read.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.