[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone help me understand this I have to read it for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: cover.jpg.rendition.460.707.png (317 KB, 458x707) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg.rendition.460.707.png
317 KB, 458x707
can someone help me understand this

I have to read it for a class and it's driving me up the wall with how incoherent it is
>>
View it as a metaphor for the value of your diploma.
>>
>>7780629
Why would your school proscribe communist literature?
>>
>>7780781
>"proscibe"
>being on /lit/

leave
>>
PURE
>>
>>7780794
COCAINE
>>
>>7780781
he probably goes to the Frankfurt School
>>
>>7780790
I'm not a native English speaker, I am from Croatia and recognized the author
>>
Plastic pinis fuck vagina and so on.
>>
>>7780781
The professor shares Zizek's political beliefs. The humanities is now primarily a way for professors to spread ideology.
>>
>>7780629
Reading this now. I advise reading it in short bursts so you have time to process the material. It can be pretty dense at parts and the bits about psychoanalysis are particularly opaque, so don't be disheartened if you don't understand all of it. As long as you grasp the ideas in a general sense you're fine.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (27 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
27 KB, 472x472
>>7780629

>I have to read it for a class and it's driving me up the wall with how incoherent it is

That's the point. Post-modernist writing doesn't make sense, nor is it supposed to.

Don't waste your time with Mr Sniffle McFidget.
>>
>>7780955
That's because you're from reddit.
>>
>>7780963
>That's the point. Post-modernist writing doesn't make sense, nor is it supposed to.
Just because you're too thickheaded to understand it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>7780963
He's obligated to understand (and agree with) the book, or else he will fail the class.
>>
>>7780979
I've disagreed with professors and gotten As before. In fact I disagree with my profs more often than not. Please don't talk about the subject if you haven't been to college.
>>
File: mfw.gif (1 MB, 200x182) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
1 MB, 200x182
>>7780974

>Just because you're too thickheaded to see the Emperor's New Clothes, doesn't mean they're not there.
>>
File: dNVvntX.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
dNVvntX.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>7780781
>proscribe when you mean prescribe
>>
>>7780640
Underrated post.
>>
>>7780808
hur hur back to /pol/
>>
>>7780999
>sour grapes
>>
>>7780902
>zizek
>spread ideology
>>7780963
lol your dumb
>>
>>7780999
>that guy
>emperor's new clothes
holy fuck cancer

nice trips tho i guess
>>
>>7781183
>>7781354

>Post-Modernists hate the Emperor's New Clothes so much because it demolishes their bullshit every time
>>
Here's how to read Zizek: ignore all pop culture references. Ignore everything about old soviet jokes.

What you're left with is a mess that has 2 ingredients: the substance, and Lacan. What you need to understand is that Zizek is actually far smarter than he seems. He came up with the substance FIRST, and only then hoisted a preposterous Lacanian framework around it. So you should actually ignore all that shit, too.

The tiny portion that remains is super insightful and could even be said to be presented aphoristically.
>>
>>7780629
I D E O L O G Y
D
E
O
L
O
G
Y
>>
>>7781472
Oh and one more thing: he sometimes writes esoterically. Fairly often he only presents the first step in a line of argumentation, and you have to take it all the way yourself. So whenever you encounter what seems like incomplete argumentation, it's meant to be that way and you need to fill in the blanks.
>>
>>7780629
>can someone help me understand this

Maybe a neurosurgeon could, if you can't understand it already you probably have brain damage
>>
>>7781384
it means nothing you faggot
>>
>>7781472
Why shouldn't you ignore everything Lacan from the get go? Lacan's a hack, no idea why Zizek worships him.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.