[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this book, /lit/ ? I just finished it last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Kite runner.jpg (31 KB, 240x360) Image search: [Google]
Kite runner.jpg
31 KB, 240x360
What do you think of this book, /lit/ ?

I just finished it last night and thought it was pretty shitty but i can't really say why. I think it was because i really hated Amir and really couldn't get over how much of a whimp he was. It might be something else but I can't quite put my finger on it.

What do you think?
>>
File: 1457166240167.jpg (456 KB, 994x664) Image search: [Google]
1457166240167.jpg
456 KB, 994x664
>>7779748
>only pedophile in Afghanistan is a white guy
WEWLAD
E
W
L
A
D
>>
>>7779751
Lol i didn't realise that but i guess it's widely known that it's quite widespread. He was also a HURR DE EVIL NAZEE
>>
>>7779755
>He was also a HURR DE EVIL NAZEE

That's the most hilarious parts. He went out of his way to make the bad guys the most irredeemable shithead he possibly could no matter how many contradictions it cost.
>>
its alright for early teenage reading desu, though it has been ages since i read it
>>
It really didn't have any value other than as a basic redemption story and reading about some kid anally raping another kid. We had to read it my class when I was a freshman in high school and it was funny watching kids tiptoe around it. It was clear that it was chosen just as a diversity quota because I don't think we even addressed any sort of deep reading into the book at all.
>>
>>7779748
We read it in school. I had to read the 'tight, sugary cunt' line out loud.

That was a fun day.
>>
>>7779748

Written by a sandnigger

I'll pass
>>
>>7779748
He has nothing interesting to say, he never actually thinks about post-colonialism and just kind if leaves the theme to sit there

Also halfway in he tries to make it an action thriller
>>
>>7781360
And fails horribly, since the protagonist can not actually participate in any of the action since he is a walking vagina.
>>
>>7779748
I liked the story of the man who cried pearls and killed his wife when he could have just chopped some onions.
>>
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought this book was a piece of shit.
I feel like everyone back in high school was afraid to talk shit about it because of the rape scene.
Same goes for Lovely Bones.
>>
>>7782554
>Lovely Bones
Oh god. I never had to read that, but from the excerpts I've seen, it seems way, way worse.
>>
>>7781966
This. The main character is the biggest pussy ever. The movie solidifies that.

Anyway, it was a nice book. The early chapters gave a nice look at pre-Soviet Afghanistan. Everything else is just completely calculated and contrived Hollywood-esque "twists" and shit.
>>
>>7779748
It's alright but the villain is fucking ridiculous.
>A Taliban Nazi pedophile warlord who also happened to rape both your half-brother and nephew
Seriously?
>>
>>7779748
I don't know. I was assigned this book in school but read Krasznahorkai instead. Also, my teacher acted like a Redditor.
>>
>>7782986
He must have really have enjoyed fucking Hassan, so much that he wanted to relive it, but Hassan had a gf so he killed them both out of jealousy. Then he started fucking Sohrab since he really wanted more of that sweet hazara ass.

Also the afterword is really funny, when you considering recent events.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.