[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for the Solipsism, /lit/. It's starting to mix with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 1451340934635.jpg (182 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1451340934635.jpg
182 KB, 1024x683
I fell for the Solipsism, /lit/. It's starting to mix with Nihilism. I don't want that. How can i get out of it? I hate feeling that nothing else rather than me is real.
>>
>>7779300
/lit/ - literature
>>
>>7779300
If there's nothing to be happy about, there's also nothing to be sad about.
>>
>>7779300
>Solipsism
Also, the "self" is an illusion.
>>
>>7779323
>>7779314
Am i real, anon? Are you? Is everything meaningless?
>>7779310
Do i really need to source about those topics?
>>
>>7779300
You don't really think that though.

If you did /lit/ would just be a simulation of your mind and asking /lit/'s advice would be just as useful as sitting alone and mulling it all over.

Posting this question here proves that deep down you know others are out there and that solipsism is not right.

Congrats, you don't have a problem anymore.
>>
>>7779329
You have to understand by "self" I am not referring to the corporeal body. Our bodies are just energy undergoing a state of transition. We are the woof for worms. By “self” I am referring to the illusory sense of identity that people associate it. Identity is developed through difference. However, the only way in which people SIGNificantly differ from one another is by associating with abstract signs and cultural symbols (all of which are socially constructed and brought about by our ability to acquire language). In other words, identity itself is a social-construction brought about by language. It is an illusion in the strictest sense.
>>
>>7779336
*woof=food. Damn phone.
>>
>>7779329
Also, meaning is a social construction behaviorally embedded into our brains by culture (reinforced through positive and negative forms of reinforcement). There is no pre-set meaning to existence. What meanings we make are socially-constructed, and, therefore, illusory (made up in men’s imaginative minds).
>>
desu really connect with someone
spending a night with a girl or camping with friends are the most life affirming things ever. life is about human connection. it's a shame so many of us are so autistic.
>>
>>7779347
More accurately, humans are social creatures.
>>
>>7779347
>life is about human connection
Can you prove this scientifically? Because if you can, you're sure to win the Nobel.

Not to be totally rude, but that's a big assumption you're making.
>>
>>7779352
I fail to see what this has to do with the concept of pre-established meaning.
>>
>>7779354
I don't know what you're on about and i don't really give a damn. I was just adding my points to his post.

One of the better things OP can do right now is toss out all the shit he's heard then go experience things. Simple social connections can be really helpful with his concerns.
>>
>>7779347
agree with this. genuine friendship engenders some of the best feelings life has to offer.
>>
>>7779357
And I'm trying to free him from the various social illusions that he is interpreting to be true.
OP says he is afraid of becoming a nihilist.
I am affirming to him that nihilism is the ultimate reality. And the sooner he accepts that (the sooner he rips off the band aid of meaning), the better off he'll be.
Understanding how the world actually works can be a painful process. We can either deal with that pain and move on, or we can huddle ourselves away in the blissful land of ignorance and illusion. I prefer the former.
>>
get some fresh air
>>
>>7779368
Sounds like you're just trying to sell more memes, which is what got him in this hole in the first place.
>>
>>7779336
it's a shame you didn't mean 'woof' or 'weft' because that would be a beautiful poetic image
>>
>>7779357
>>7779347
I'll have a date with a nice girl in a few hours. I'm with a friend, this second. We were talking about this together. He isn't giving too much of a shit now, while me,for some reason, am.
>>7779332
I want to thank you, i had a slight relief, until like other anons said,i might be an illusion. But also, why would everything be an illusion? It makes no sense for everything to be an illusion. Can something completely nonsensical like that be true outside the theorical possibility?
>>
>>7779368

But isn't like, nihilism just another point of view, man? Like, man, isn't an absence of illusion just another illusion, man? Aren't something and nothing, pain or pleasure, just further constructs built in the mind of man, man?
>>
read Kant you fucking fag
>>
>>7779380
All illusion means is that something isn't what you think it is, it does NOT mean "it isnt real." An example simply being someone misinterpreting a polite e gesture as a sort of personal attack, the illusion lies in their own perception of what is happening.

So in practice nothing really changes, since we're all on a constant drive to adapt our perceptions to live a better life.
>>
>>7779380
The illusions I am referring to rest within the context of meaning. I am not saying that you physically do not exist. I am saying that the meaning you make is illusory, brought about by associating with cultural and social norms (the Valued Cultural Capital of your society). By assimilating to this Valued Cultural Capital, you are more likely to find a social sense of acceptance. The more you deviate from it, the more likely you are to be outcast by said society, labeled and compartmentalized as a social deviant.
>>
>>7779380
If everything is an illusion, then what difference does it make? It is scary to think you might be the only real person, but if you are a "fake" person and you live in a "fake" world with other "fake" people, then how is that any different from every one being real?
If you all are on the same field then what difference does it make if it is all "real" or "fake". It is completely irrelevant, as long as everything is one or the other then they are effectively the same.

Enjoy your date.
>>
>>7779389
It's what Stirner meant by a "spook." It's a ghost that you can either let haunt you, or you can understand that ghosts are fictitious creatures, understanding how absurd it was for you to ever worry about it.
>>
>>7779384
There is a difference between "sensory feelings" (which are driven by nerve impulses and hormonal imbalances) and "emotional responses" (which are derived from interpreting things from an ethnocentric cultural perspective.

>we are on a constant drive to live a better life
This is an ideal you have in your mind. 95% of all organism that lived on this planet have gone extinct. The earth isn't conscious enough to care about you or me. We are not here for any particular purpose.
>>
>>7779399
>This is an ideal you have in your mind. 95% of all organism that lived on this planet have gone extinct. The earth isn't conscious enough to care about you or me. We are not here for any particular purpose.

Thats just a view you've chosen to adopt

that's exactly why im saying OP just needs to drop everything and find his own direction, else he's just going to get filled with more ideas from other people that more than likely have absolutely nothing to do with his actual concerns.
>>
>>7779399

But man, aren't like, emotional response derived from our sensory perception? An isn't perception just the fixation on one reality on a whole spectrum of realities? And isn't extinction subverted by it's relation to non-extinction?

I'm just sort of joshing you, man. I'm genuinely high on marijuana,
>>
>>7779401
>just a view you've chosen to adopt
It's also backed by empirical evidence. And while logic may be flawed due to the limits of language (see Kurt Godel), it is still the best means we have of understanding existence as we know it.

>he needs to find his own direction.
I agree. But he started a thread asking for others' sense of insight. If he didn't want the opinions and perspectives of other people, then why post?
>>
>>7779407
Yes. Some emotional responses come from hormones and other physical stimuli.

What I am saying, is that we need to differentiate between these physical forms of stimuli (which can be observed and measured by science) with other forms of emotional responses (dispositions that can be manipulated by social ideologies).
>>
>>7779415
What minor thoughts you hath bespoken. You struggle valiantly against my rapier intellect but you are smited again and again and forthwidth are deemed a trouble maker to me an mine. I will be yours forever in this garden of pain you hath risen upon us.
>>
>>7779424
ad hominem. Funny, though. I give it an 8/10. I like the creativity. You capture the language well.
>>
>>7779389
>>7779394
>>7779396
Thank you. That is enlightening. I feel slightly more ''real''. Don't know if that was your intentions, but it ''worked''. Thanks for clearing that out.
>>
>>7779450
All good senpai, have fun out there
>>
File: tumblr_o1h2gtq5HO1uzzk6no1_1280.jpg (305 KB, 1280x864) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1h2gtq5HO1uzzk6no1_1280.jpg
305 KB, 1280x864
>>7779300
>>
>>7779300
GO OUTSIDE
>>
>>7779300
By going to >>>/his/
>>
>>7779329
What do you mean by you? What is meaning?
>>
>>7779300
Sartre will make it all go away. Get yourself some Nausea
>>
>>7779492
everyone in this thread is the nerd on the left
>>
File: 1450078329579.jpg (20 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
1450078329579.jpg
20 KB, 236x200
>>7779492
Once I found solipsism I realized that I could live forever. Now I spend my days worrying little for consequence except for at a base, instinctual level similar to an animal or a caveman's "fight or flight" in circumstances of conflict.

It's a real rush knowing the universe can't kill me without killing itself in the process.
>>
>>7780433
Except that's not true because you're not me. Checkmate.
>>
>>7780433
If you are really a solipsist then why bother posting?

But seriously, if you truly are solipsist just kill yourself. If you were right then everything will be gone, I don't know what will happen, but it will be something for sure. If you are wrong you'll be a corpse.

Make sure to write a suicide note so we can laugh at it.
>>
>>7780472
Just because you're suffering in my reality doesn't mean I should kill myself. This reality seems to be designed to give joy and pleasure in conjuction with pain and suffering so that I may know the difference. I am at peace with this. So I just continue to live until reality can't handle itself anymore and finally ends me and itself.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.