[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the most interesting villain i've seen in a very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 2-mule-foundation.jpg (130 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
2-mule-foundation.jpg
130 KB, 500x378
This is the most interesting villain i've seen in a very long time. "The Mule" from Foundation series.

Any other books with interesting villains(not simply antagonists, villains) /lit/ could recommend?
>>
>Asimov
can we get a separate fucking board for sci-fi and fantasy? I'm so tired of seeing this bullshit all the time. There are so many other venues where you can talk about this swill besides this one.
>>
File: michael_whelan__arkady.jpg (494 KB, 1321x1740) Image search: [Google]
michael_whelan__arkady.jpg
494 KB, 1321x1740
>>7778732
How was he a villain?
Antagonist and authoritarian, but not so villainous.

>>7778760
They have a general but can leak from time to time. More than I can say for Christfag threads.
Just close 'em down like normal people, Squeaker.
>>
File: thedwarf.gif (80 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
thedwarf.gif
80 KB, 250x350
>>7778732
I love that cover

>Any other books with interesting villains(not simply antagonists, villains) /lit/ could recommend?

This one, although a lot of it may seem a little familiar post-Game of Thrones
>>
File: rope.jpg (30 KB, 426x342) Image search: [Google]
rope.jpg
30 KB, 426x342
>>7778760
Oh no, the e/lit/e 4chan neckbeard can't handle a little spec fic. Whatever shall he do?
>>
>>7779072
Stick to your containment thread please.
>>
>>7779086
I will after your self apply the rope
>>
>>7779100
Alright, I tangled it it all around me. It's hard to type, so, I hope you stick to your end of the bargain.
>>
>>7779114
I too will half heartedly acquiesce!
>>
>>7779086
>tips fedora
>>
On a serious note: Is there a better villain in all of world literature than Judge Holden?
>>
>>7778760
While art is subjective, they have 95% of the internet to talk about this and should leave /lit/.
>>
>>7779198
You have 95% of the internet to discuss lit, yet you're here. So should they.
>>
>>7779193
well memed
>>
>>7778732
Waiting for the Barbarians, JM Coetzee
Season of Migration to the North, Tayeb Salih
>>
>>7779212
R/books will talk to you about Asimov.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/r/books
>>
>>7779229
So you're from reddit? Why don't you stay there.
>>
File: 11851309._SY540_.jpg (37 KB, 437x540) Image search: [Google]
11851309._SY540_.jpg
37 KB, 437x540
>>7778732

Mule, and God Emperor are my two favorite galactic emperors.

Also both are great sci fi operas (if you know which books to stop at).
>>
>>7779193
can someone please explain why he was the villain??? He was always beefing with tobin on morality but I don't understand the end or what happened to the kid
was Holden just a representation of the pointlessness of war???
>>
>>7779035
are you really butterfly? how do you still post here after all these years? aren't you sick of this place yet?
>>
>>7780943
it's not butterfly
>>
I know it's kid-tier, but Count Olaf is one of the few hilarious characters I've ever encountered.
>>
>>7779035
who is this semen demon

>>7778760
As much as I like science fiction, I don't really think Asimov belongs on this board outside of a sci fi general. His writing is bad even by genre fiction standards, so what else is there to discuss? Arguing about Foundation lore is not what /lit/ is about.
>>
>>7778732
What's interesting about him? (Haven't read the book)

To answer your question:
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison
>>
>>7780937
>war
>pointless
nice bait shitheel
>>
>>7782430
Okay but the whole book is filled with people killing and dying for really stupid reasons like Jackson & the restaurant owner and even how the kid gets acquainted w the army.
>>
>>7778760
he was asking about villains you neckbeard fuck
>>
>>7780937
>>7782430
It was interesting to see how Asimovs's attitude towards military men evolved between the two books. The guy in the original Foundation was a complete pigheaded idiot.
>>
>>7778760
can we get a separate board for religious books?

philosophy fags?

poetry fags?

non-fiction?

how about a separate thread just for you, precious?
>>
>>7779193
Satan in PL, but yeah hard to come by close, let alone better, villains.

I cringe when evil is pure violence and hedonism like a serial killer. It's not scary because it dies with the body. Making evil attractive and convincing is scary
>>
>>7780937
Don't over think the judge.
If you ran into him in real life how would you feel?
>>
ITT: Arrivals from Imgur, angry that people mock their genre trash.
>>
>>7780983
How is his writing bad?
>>
>>7782430
Well, it really.
>>
>>7783929
is.
>>
>>7779086
Nah.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.