[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why Goodreads isn't garbage again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: meditations in an emergency.png (869 KB, 1076x851) Image search: [Google]
meditations in an emergency.png
869 KB, 1076x851
Can someone explain to me why Goodreads isn't garbage again?
>>
>>7776111
where's the top of that guy's head gone?
>>
>>7776119
into the abstract
>>
>>7776121
top kek my friend
>>
The database is massive, there are a few great groups and you don't have to look at the reviews.
>>
>>7776121
hah!
>>
>>7776121
toppei kekku
>>
>>7776121
Hilarious
>>
>>7776111
Because you never have to venture into the pleb part if it if you have a close group of lit friends and have actually good taste.
>>
>>7776862
>friends
Well spooked.
>>
>>7776212
It is useful for keeping track of things or finding new stuff. The ratings and reviews should be completely ignored though. Unless you like seeing a guy named Chad bitching about how hard Ulysses is.
>>
>>7776111
If you go to Goodreads to read the average joes reviews on books in bulk, you get what you deserve.

If you use it to collect /lit/izens so that you can spy on what they are reading and laugh at their plebness, use the recommendation engine which is quite good, and as a list mechanic, its a pretty good website.
>>
>>7776111
should the period be inside the quotation marks in this scenario?
>>
>>7777134
No.
>>
>>7776111
ME: CHERRY PICKED EXAMPLES
YOU: CHERRY PICKED EXAMPLES

4chan is where people spam the word nigger unironically and Goodreads is where people post pompous bullshit like this unironically. If you're expecting any single website to have a good userbase then you are a fucking idiot. You're just more tolerant of 4chan's flavor of bad then Goodreads.
>>
Checking the reviews on Goodreads is like checking the comments section on Youtube.

You just don't do it.
>>
>>7777134
yes
>>7777162
>unironically
>>
>>7776111
Because I am on it.
>>
File: 1433323912781.jpg (79 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1433323912781.jpg
79 KB, 720x960
Sometimes when I want to be mad at something I go on Goodreads and read terrible reviews of my favorite books. Otherwise I avoid that shit like the plague.
>>
>>7778018
When I watch family members discuss politics on facebook it gives me similar feelings
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.