[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indian Literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_2447.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2447.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
So how do I into Hindu/Indian Literature? do I start with the Mahabharata or Bhagavad Gita? what are the novels to digest or other religious texts that allow you to understand them?
>>
>>7774780
Start with the Greeks.
>>
I enjoyed The Namesake as far as novels go
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>7774864
go away
>>
SHITTING
>>
>>7774873
STREET
>>
File: 800px-Anup_Talao_04.jpg (110 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-Anup_Talao_04.jpg
110 KB, 800x600
>>7774868
seconded
>>
>>7774780
Start with the Vedas, they're older than Greece itself.
>>
>>7775076
in which order and which ones?
>>
>>7775132
The Rig Veda: The Book of Mantra

then

The Sama Veda: The Book of Song

then

The Yajur Veda: The Book of Ritual

then

The Atharva Veda: The Book of Spell

These are like 'the Bible' level texts of the Hindu/Vedic literature. Beyond that you get the Smriti texts, which are like secondary works/discourses, there's a LOT of Smriti work, most of it you won't get around to reading. But if you do find yourself interested, it's not to hard to look into the recommended stuff.
>>
>>7775144
thank you
>>
>>7774864
>>7774873
>>7774879
POOOO

>>7774780
Eṭṭuttokai--'The Eight Anthologies' - Classical Tamil poetic work - form part of the Pathinenmaelkanakku anthology series of the Sangam Literature. Ettuthokai and its companion anthology Pattupattu are some of the oldest available Tamil Literature and dated to belong to between 200 BCE and 200 CE.

>நற்றிணை நல்ல குறுந்தொகை ஐங்குறுநூறு
>ஒத்த பதிற்றுப்பத்து ஓங்கு பரிபாடல்
கற்றறிந்தார் ஏத்தும் கலியோடு அகம்புறம்
>என்று இத்திறத்த எட்டுத் தொகை.
>>
The Bhagavad Gira is a chapter of the Mahabharata you Morin.
>>
>>7775229
>Not reading exclusively Indo-Aryan Lit
>ISHYGDDT
>>
File: 1441257141164.jpg (70 KB, 625x800) Image search: [Google]
1441257141164.jpg
70 KB, 625x800
>>7774780
I enjoyed the Ramayana. You have to read Indian epic poetry abridgments though, unless you want to dedicate your life to ancient Pajeet literature.

>>7775529
Also this you stupid, fucking faggot.
>>
someone recommend me modern indian novels
>>
>>7776241
Cuckold, Kiran Nagarkar
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.