[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we trivialize books (or authors)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: 1455115500761.jpg (45 KB, 566x729) Image search: [Google]
1455115500761.jpg
45 KB, 566x729
Sylvia Plath:
>wahh I'm so depressed, notice me, feel sorry for me!

Camus:
>yeah shit's absurd lol, just gotta face the absurd [stating the obvious, babby's first existentialist thought]
>>
>Joyce: muh pretty prose and deep themes

JUST FUCK OFF
>>
>>7773143
>joyce
>pretty prose
>deep themes
keeek
>>
>>7773138
DFW
>oh look at me, i'm so sincere and profound, i'm gonna kill myself now.

Pynchon
>...
>>
Hemingway

>muh masculinity!
oh boohoo, your poor fragile male ego, so you're not the Big Ultra Super Manly Man Forever, maybe you'll stop being sad about it if you drink enough.
>>
File: spot the retriver.png (105 KB, 602x378) Image search: [Google]
spot the retriver.png
105 KB, 602x378
>>7773148
>muh romanticizing over alcoholism
>>
>>7773138
You are not trivializing anything. That is a pretty accurate summary of Camus
>>
>>7773145
look mom i posted again
>>
OP:
>look at me, i'm a faggot!
>>
>>7773191
Anon:
>look at me, I'm a shitposter!
>>
>>7773204
derivative and uninspiring work. search your soul, and perhaps some day you will attain the heights that i shit on on a daily basis.
>>
>>7773138
pessoa
>muh dreams

schopenhauer
>muh will
>muh representation

Striner
>muh ego
although this is probably not far from the truth
>>
Gogol
>LOL russia is so dumb XD
>>
Rand
>everything I like is objectively the best
>>
>>7773253
is that what Gogol was saying?
>>
Moby Dick
>whale

Blood Meridian
>blood

The Crying of Lot 49
>mail

Stoner
>book

Gravity's Rainbow
>bomb

Invisible Man
>black

Lolita
>pedophile

All Quiet on the Western Front
>war

Fear and Trembling
>abraham

Critique of Pure Reason
>apriori
>>
Franz Kafka
>muh dad
>>
>>7773148

>Said the Swedish cuckold
>>
Henry Miller
>i'm a bum. Freeloading across europe. Women are c $!#$ to screw. Look, a quarter!!!!

Robert Graves
>triple goddess, alphabet trees, look an erection for mother earth

Thoreau
>not gonna pay taxes, i will spend a day in jail or a year in the woods if I have to. Thanks for bailing me out, nice to get out of the woods.

Poe
>the imp of the perverse or alcohol made me do it. I didn't do it, idiots. Okay look I did it.

Tiptree jr
>power differentials in gender destroy! Oh my husband is sick i have the power now ... let's kill him.
>>
>>7773307
The idea of the thread is to deliberately trivialize and oversimplify an author and their work, not to take what is said about them seriously.
>>
>>7773307
...What?
>>
John Keats
>i wanna be da best poet ever but i know im gonna die :(
>>
Garcia Marquez
>weird shit happens lol, also civil war. Incestxd
>>
Rilke
>Why do thinks keep dying?
>>
>>7773206
This guy:
>look, I'm a shitposter
>>
>>7773183
> Stately plumb Buck Mulligan

WOW
SUCH BEAUTY

Roddy Doyle > James Joyce

But you're not allowed to say that, because tenured academics would lose their jobs if people got truly redpilled on Joyce.
>>
Plato
>muh forms
>>
>>7773315
I only know of women who read Henry Miller. They love Miller and they love Lolita.

Madame Bovary? That's misogynist!
>>
Aristotle
> the best, literally
>>
>>7773326

Here lies one whose name was writ in water ... indelible timeless ineradicable stone water, you mother f $!#ers. Cough.
>>
>>7773348
Miller treats women like whores and has no regard for societal morality so of course he is loved by women. It isnt the patriarchy he is shoving down their throat
>>
Martin Heidegger
>muh german language and spirit
>>
>>7773148
You forgot the tomboy fetish.
>>
File: Cosby.jpg (90 KB, 691x720) Image search: [Google]
Cosby.jpg
90 KB, 691x720
>Pynchon
Zip doop bap zippy dee doop bap zap
>>
>>7773344
>Genuine autism
>>
File: Disdain.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
Disdain.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
What the fuck is this shit thread.

You fucks should consider suicide.

And that OP picture, what a bunch of fucking plebs.
>>
>>7774404
I don't think you can truly say you appreciate an author until you're able to properly make fun of them.
>>
Paraphrasing some past anon-
>Pynchon, AKA 'The Riddler'

Ohoho Batman, you'll NEVER guess what I'm referencing next!
>>
>>7774421

Agreed, but comparing the Divine Comedy to a self insert fanfiction isn't making fun of Dante, it's an insult to literature.

You honestly think users on Tumblr of all places have a genuine appreciation for the fine arts?
>>
>>7774445
Wasn't necessarily saying that in reference to OP's picture, just this thread in general.
>>
Dostoevsky
>we're all just living in denial of God
>>
>>7773280
Yes.
>>
>>7774445
>Agreed, but comparing the Divine Comedy to a self insert fanfiction isn't making fun of Dante, it's an insult to literature.
How so? Also:
>cares about 'insults to literature'
>voluntarily comes to /lit/

(And they weren't complaining. Lrn 2 reed fgt.)
>>
File: dfw.png (264 KB, 622x622) Image search: [Google]
dfw.png
264 KB, 622x622
David Foster Wallace
>i'm sad all the time and can't stop watching TV and taking drugs, better pass the blame onto my country
>i can't tell if the other jocks are really making fun of me or not, irony musts be evil
>where'd i put my thesaurus? ah, here it is, right under my student loan bills

at the risk of ruining the joke, i love DFW to death
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.