[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I reading? I'm not even done chapter 2 and a can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 210px-Crying_of_lot_49.jpg (17 KB, 210x321) Image search: [Google]
210px-Crying_of_lot_49.jpg
17 KB, 210x321
What am I reading?

I'm not even done chapter 2 and a can of hair spray, buzzing around, was destroying everything like you'd imagine in a bugs bunny cartoon.
>>
Exactly.
>>
>>7772231
just finish it first
>>
>>7772231
A novel by Thomas Pynchon. They're generally a bit zany.
>>
>>7772231
Finish it, you lummox. It's actually a very approachable and accessible read in comparison to later Pynchon works.

Finish it then you can discuss it without spoilers.
>>
Sounds like a PKD novel to me
>>
>>7772231
>I'm not even done chapter 2 and a can of hair spray, buzzing around, was destroying everything like you'd imagine in a bugs bunny cartoon.

If you're not enjoying that, Pynchon isn't for you, mate. Not even being ironic.
>>
that part is hilarious, how they've hit the deck to avoid the can and all the screams and gunfire from the TV make it seem like a warzone
>>
>>7772231
there is a lot loony toon shit in his books
>>
>>7773257
that's the best scene in the book
I fell in love with Ruggles when he rhymed periscope'll with Constantinople. Re-reading V. now.
>>
>>7774269
>I fell in love with Ruggles when he rhymed periscope'll with Constantinople. Re-reading V. now.
FUCKING SPOILERS MATE C'MON
>>
It's a consipracy
>>
Haha, yes! Pynchon, that devilish card, up to his old tricks!
>>
>>7772231
Sounds like you're just repeating what you hear. When does a can of hair spray buzz around a washroom in Bugs Bunny?
>>
down the toilet
>>
>>7774284
why are you in this memethread you haven't even read the memebook come back when you're done
>>
>>7772231
pynchon is a meme author. he has no discernible talent. clearly a juvenile author.
>>
>>7774284
What did you expect, anon? That people discussing the book with other people who are discussing the book, both sides having read the book, won't talk about the book because you haven't read it?

When on /lit/, if there's a thread about a book you're reading, assume there's always spoilers, you numpty.
>>
Thomas Pynchon, that wily wordsmith, has done it again! He's penned a scene that'll make you howl with laughter! Come on down the toilet to experience the hilarity! A postmodern farce - with an emphasis on the FAR! That's "far out, man" as old Pynchon himself would say. Prepare yourself for a psychedelic excursion into the realm of the FUNknown! (Just don't tell mom and dad. ;))
>>
>>7777345
I really, really like this post.
>>
>>7777345
Lol
>>
>>7777345
The original "it's not your grandad's literature" post was the best.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.