[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this book is shit desu i'm not very far in but should i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 41E4+fttDjL.jpg (31 KB, 323x500) Image search: [Google]
41E4+fttDjL.jpg
31 KB, 323x500
this book is shit desu
i'm not very far in but should i see it out to the end? so far it's just bad western culture references, descriptions of weather, and descriptions of how totally mysterious everything is
>>
>hating the Japanese Borges
dweeb
>>
You're reading a book for girls, dude. You got memed into reading a fucking BOOK FOR GIRLS.
>>
>>7770962
Haven't read it before. My friend who hadn't read a book since elementary school picked it up and read it in a week.

Maybe you're just a pleb?
>>
It is a literal masterpiece. sorry pleb
>>
>>7771515
i'm not having trouble with it. it's jsut shit. self-help tier philosophizing and a narrative that juggles gimmick and cliche
>>
>>7770962

i liked kafka on the shore better.
>>
>>7771600
this
>>
all Murakami's long books are bagegar

Murakami's contribution to literature:

The Elephant Vanishes
After the Quake
South of the Border, West of the Sun
>>
>>7771860
This is true, I think Murakami is great but the his books turn into shit if he writes too much of them.

Specifically wind up bird and 1q84 would have been improved by some small degree from just leaving off the third part of each.
I don't have any idea how wind up bird chronicle came to be his most well-known and celebrated book, aside from maybe Norwegian Wood.
>>
wind up bird was salvaged by the lieutenant's story in the middle and the story about the zoo so if you haven't reached that yet then keep on going, otherwise it is just a book of some guy waking up and going to sit down a well, the book is really just 300 pages too long but i'll reread it at some point to see if it's any better

>>7771860
hard-boiled wonderland also deserves a mention since it's not dragged out and has somewhat of a different plot to the rest of his books - it's actually very enjoyable to read.
>>
Wind-Up is great, and so are most of Murakamis older books. After Dark was okay I guess
>>
You opened the book wanting it to be bad. If you're actually reading it at all.
>>
>>7772720
not at all, i had very high expectations.
>>
>>7770975
>perpetuating this shit meme

anyway wind up bird is, imo, his best book, though others argue for kafka. in any case murakami is super mediocre. only pseuds and middlebrow faggots think murakami is good.
>>
>>7771947
>he reads for the plot.
>>
>>7773550
Look up kishotenketsu and get back to it
>>
Look, Murakami's not bad but he cannot write an ending to anything he does.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.