[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You get to pick any writer to write your biography. Who do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1433196115925.jpg (139 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1433196115925.jpg
139 KB, 1080x720
You get to pick any writer to write your biography.

Who do you choose?
>>
Kafka. I'm sure he's gonna milk it on some way.
>>
I think Pinecone would capture the tone of my life pretty well.
>>
John Green. He has shown the world that anything could be made into a book.
>>
David Wallace would turn it into a 2,000 pager
>>
DSL
S
L
>>
File: 1456392711317.jpg (161 KB, 414x615) Image search: [Google]
1456392711317.jpg
161 KB, 414x615
Dostoevsky.
>>
Faulkner, I want this shit to be obscure and confusing as hell.
>>
>>7765727
Fuck, ¿Who is she? I don't know her but i already love her.
>>
Mishima.
>>
st paul
>>
>>7765727
Huxley. Because he's dead and can't write my biography.
>>
>>7765727
William Gass.
>>
File: Hausu.gif (405 KB, 499x263) Image search: [Google]
Hausu.gif
405 KB, 499x263
>>7765727
Stefan Zweig or Borges.
Would make my boring life seem deep and profound.
>>
Thomas Ligotti
>>
Chuck Tingle
>>
>>7765727
Probably McCarthy.
>>
>>7765727

Wallace I'm pretty sure would get me better than anyone else would.
>>
File: IMG_0735.jpg (24 KB, 190x393) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735.jpg
24 KB, 190x393
If it was to celebrate my masculine perfection, Mishima. But if it dwelled in mystery, as those who know my name already know, gene wolfe ( why did a biochemistry major join and then leave a spanish speaking circus? How good was his handstand act? Was he a statutory rapist? The son of a God? Both? Did he sell his soul for mastery of the jump rope? How did his Bruce lee costume look so convincing, Etc. Wolfe could then write about me writing about him and turn our universe inside out Borges style).
>>
>>7766341
If that's really you Aramini, you need to get trips one of these days.

If you're not Aramini, good job on the parody. Aramini's such an insular faggot that it's a shame he tried to drag Bruce Lee down to his level. I hate him for that, and the general strangeness.
>>
>>7766341

Looks like maybe Heinz Kohut would be a more fitting choice:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder#History
>>
>>7765727
Ernest Cline would be really cool.
>>
>>7765727
>Titos
I bought that a couple weeks ago.

Tastes exactly like every other vodka ever. I dont understand the concept of nice or high end vodka. Shits all the same, especially if you mix into a cocktail
>>
>>7766084
My dude

>>7766398
I agree completely, but people still complain if you get cheap vodka
>>
I'd get Tao Lin to do a 500 page Vice feature on me.
>>
>>7766371
People ask me, Marc, how good are you, really? If I say I'm good, you think I'm full of myself, I'm boasting. But if I say I'm no good, well ... you know I'm lying.
>>
>>7766385
This tbqh familam. That section where he just namedrops reddit authors and popular filmmakers: I want him to do that exact same section, just with names that /lit/ likes.
>>
>>7766398

its because of people proclaiming how its made in Austin hence it being a better choice
>>
>>7766410
>Heinz Kohut
Marcus go to bed.
>>
I chose Anonymous to write my biography.
>>
>>7765727
William H Gass. I want to see my self hatred vindicated.
>>
>>7765727

god some women are insuperable. reading a book means nothing to her, being able to take a "cute" picture showing everyone you read a book is way more important
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.