[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Published anything recently, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Published anything recently, /lit/?
>>
currently shortlisted for a short story competition worth a ridiculous CA$2000 and I think I have a good chance considering how few submissions there probably were

(sorry, not gna share the name)

apart from that I'm aiming to finish my first round of literary journal submissions by the 15th

>tfw want to be a writer but barely wrote anything for the nth weekend in a row
>>
>>7756459
a math paper that probably <20 people will read
>>
Nothing atm. Just had a play sort-of-put-on though. Won a contest, prize was $500 and a live reading. Very happy about that
>>
>A couple of normie periodicals.
>They were crap.
>I did it for the money.
>I'm not even a writer
>Don't judge me
>>
A poem on a local magazine. Some old writers added me on Facebook after reading it, kinda funny.
>>
I have a short story up for publication. I'd post it here but that'd possibly disqualify me for publication.

Fingers crossed /lit/!
>>
>>7757481
good luck
>>
I've been spending weeks now checking Submittable multiple times a day. It's not making things go any faster.
>>
>>7756459

i'm trying. i posted a thread a month or so back asking for help with literary agencies and publishers. basically asking for some know-how into publishing a novel i completed. at the moment, i have received 8 rejections from various agencies, 2 from the same one. i'm waiting to hear from about 20 or so more before switching up my approach. a query letter is such a facile way to judge the contents of a novel, but that's how it's done these days, i guess. a couple of the letters weren't generic rejections and very positive. the book just wasn't right for them. i'll pop in whenever i acquire an agent or seek another avenue of publication. as for now, i'm still unplublished.
>>
I'm a fairly popular author, even internationally.

That's all I'm saying. I live comfortably now.
>>
Just some indie published crap.
>>
I wrote an opinion piece about how retarded BLM is for my college newspaper.
>>
I wish. Last year was a barren wasteland for publication. This year isn't off to a great start either, but I'm hoping something comes through.
>>
>>7759444
Good job. Did you trigger some people?
>>
>>7759383
the way you phrased your declaration makes me think otherwise, mate.
>>
>>7759464

what are you attempting to publish? fiction, non-fiction? short stories, articles, poetry, a novel?
>>
File: 1418007592818.jpg (38 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1418007592818.jpg
38 KB, 396x385
>>7756459
Yes, thanks for asking
>>
>>7759539
Fiction, short stories.
>>
>>7759550

man, the market for short stories is pretty dire, isn't it? keeping on trucking on, i say. if your stuff is any good, it'll find a publisher soon enough.
>>
>>7759592
Yeah, that's what I hope. I'll keep trying. Thank you for the kind words.
>>
>>7759608
Dude. Write a 30 page short story every month and just independently publish it for the kindle for like $.99.

If you're a shorty story writer, that's a good way to get going.

After some time, maybe compile a short story collection. Rimbaud published all his own stuff. Van Gogh couldn't give his work away. Just keep doing what you enjoy and get it out there.
>>
>>7759690

finally someone with some common sense here. on another thread, i tried giving advice to someone who has been writing a single short story for the past 3 years and was called rude for my efforts. oy vey. how does someone progress as a writer, or an artist, by writing and rewriting the same story for three years? boggles my mind.
>>
>>7759690
*short
>>
>>7759533
cunt
>>
File: 9eleven.jpg (183 KB, 964x1065) Image search: [Google]
9eleven.jpg
183 KB, 964x1065
these threads make me sad. sad in knowing that i'm one of you fucks and i've never read your work because you're nobody and i'll be a nobody as well
>>
I'm going to be in two different magazines this month.
>>
>>7759810
Over 1 million books are PROFESSIONALLY published each year. Even if you get professionally published, it's still a crap-shoot, my man. You're better off with indie publishing.
>>
>>7759810

not everyone here is unpublished or sad like you, mate. don't let despair get hold of you. write yourself out of it.
>>
>>7759690
Do people actually buy those?
>>
>>7760014
Yes, they do.

Personally, I think that readers will be purchasing 20-30 short $.99 fictions every month instead of that one long novel, which sells for $25, hardcover.

It makes sense economically, and it offers more diversity to the reader.
>>
>>7760048
It also reflects our ADHD society that can't focus for long periods of time. Short stories are going to become more prominent once people start getting sick of the same generic Aristotelian drama stories that make up genre literature.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.