[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is a fundamental failure of modern literature that there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1455826204498.jpg (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1455826204498.jpg
46 KB, 800x600
It is a fundamental failure of modern literature that there is nothing that takes in to account picrelated or vidrelated.

Where is the real shit? Why are there vast areas of culture and the human condition that are not depicted anywhere in modern art?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48EiVFq2K58
>>
One of the key parts of artistic creation is choosing what's worth depicting and what isn't.
>>
>>7753950
>>Where is the real shit? Why are there vast areas of culture and the human condition that are not depicted anywhere in modern art?
look, the humanity is hedonistic: we love pleasures and hate pains. sex is the best pleasure for most people and the feeling to be validated by idols is indescribable.
the entertainment industry understand this and your situation that you wish to be depicted will only be mentioned when people want to feel better about themselves, aka when they want to think that they are less hedonistic than they are.
>>
Its the same shit thats been going on since Biblical days
>>
File: Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg (232 KB, 834x1285) Image search: [Google]
Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg
232 KB, 834x1285
>>
>>7753950
>here is nothing that takes in to account picrelated or vidrelated.

most Bret Easton Ellis novels innit?
>>
>>7754276
This was the first thing that crossed my mind after seeing the picture. Bless you anon.
>>
>>7754276
this is so cute
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.