[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im looking for literature that deals with the exploration of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: arts-graphics-2008_1184982a.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
arts-graphics-2008_1184982a.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
im looking for literature that deals with the exploration of outer and inner violence (hopefully on mundane, contemporary settings), the abuse of the bourgeois without repercussions (something like salo), the overwhelming evilness on the world, etc. doesnt need to be a novel, philosophical work will do too. gonna leave some plot summaries from m haneke movies so you know what i mean.

>The film chronicles the last years of the European family, which consists of Georg, an engineer; his wife Anna, an optician; and their young daughter, Eva. They lead routine urban middle-class lives, with hopes of escaping to Australia to start a new life, but suddenly decide to destroy themselves without any apparent reason
>The plot of the film involves two young men who hold a family hostage and torture them with sadistic games.
>Using their social status and harsh punishments, a baron (Ulrich Tukur), a doctor (Rainer Bock) and a pastor (Burghart Klaussner) rule over a small German village.
>>
>>7753949
Phenomenology of Spirit
>>
>>7753949
have you seen Eden Lake, or High Tension yet? if not, you should. anyway, get some therapy.
>>
>>7753953
how inaccessible is this
>>7753956
ive heard of both but seen none since i actively dislike 99% of the horror genre. i dont like these topics being treated like a clown that you can exploit for satisfaction. theyre also very detached from reality in purpose because theyre meant to entertaint, and i want something grounded with some sort of lecture intended
>>
>>7753970
just watch em.
>>
>>7753953
a better question, if i want to get into philosophy that deals with these issues, where do i start
>>7753956
>get some therapy
forgot to mention, i dont think my contempt is yet destructive. im not suicidal, just very disgusted by the state of the world in general.
>>
>>7753975
theyre on my watchlist bud ill have them in mind
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.