[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theon Greyjoy = Underrated character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Theon.jpg (27 KB, 732x654) Image search: [Google]
Theon.jpg
27 KB, 732x654
I'm so sick of Daenerys and Tyrion getting all the intention, even amongst book fans.

Theon is, in my opinion, the best and most tragic character in the entire A Song of Ice and Fire series.

He goes from being an arrogant Prince in the first and second books to being a broken and tortured man in the fifth book. I don't think enough people understand the complexity of his character enough, especially show fans, but book ones too.

It actually makes me angry how many people dismiss his character as being nothing more than a bad person. They tend to view him as being very one-dimensional, where he is anything but. He's actually one of the most fleshed out and well developed characters in the entire series.

Yes, he's a horrible human being in the second book, and even to a certain extent in the fifth one, but he develops and grows so much. It's hard not to feel sympathetic for him once you know his backstory and the torture he eventually goes through.

What do the fans of A Song of Ice and Fire here think of Theon?

And this is unrelated to literature, but the actor who plays him on the show is, in my opinion, the best actor on the show.
>>
man who gives a shit
>>
Bookfags tend to agree he's one of the best characters
>>
>genre fiction
>complex character
Good one. You almost had me for a second.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>>reddit
>>
>>7753897
Not the ones I've seen.

>>7753891
People who like good characters. I bet you wank over Daenerys's chapters every chance you get.
>>
>>7753898
/thread.
>>
>>7753898
>Saying posh stuff trying to seems smart
>Failing miserably
>>
>>7753889
rrree....reek, his name is rreeek!!
>>
>>7753889
He's ok.
I think we can all agree that Bran is the worst character.
>>
>>7753889
I like Gene Wolfe too, OP
>>
>>7754028
he seems to be cute though
>>
>>7754028
No, Daenerys is by far the worst.
>>
honest, i'd suck bran's cock even though i'm a 29 yo
>>
>>7753889
>game of thrones shit
fuck off
>>
how can these threads even arise on this board? Do you not know that /lit/ stand for literature? wtf is this shit?
>>
>>7753889

>implying anything in ASoIaF is 'complex'
>implying GURRM has any DISCERNABLE TALENT

But the best character is Jaime Lannister
>>
>>7753889
>>>/his/
>>>/his/
>>>/his/
>>>/his/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.