[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would a romanticized modern USA look like in the future literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
How would a romanticized modern USA look like in the future literature ?
>>
Well our first step is in electing Trump president.
>>
I'm going to write a book on this now, thanks for the idea
>>
>>7753072
godspeed
>>
>>7753057
like a bunch of uncultured and rude swines.
so as always has been.
>>
>>7753062
What if he turns out to be the long fabled philosopher-king?
>>
>>7753105
He is. Then our nation will become united and great.
>>
Well, people would point out all the good things that America (and thereby capitalism) brought into the world (American Dream, equality ect...) while not talking about the fucked up shit that the US did.
As always.
>>
>>7753166
Bernie go to bed.
>>
>>7753057
I think it would have to be exclusively diversity and political correctness stuff because everything else is pretty shit. Gay marriage, black president, etc etc. Truly the land of equality and yadda yadda

MAYBE some more conservative viewpoints who aren't thrilled about the liberal menace destroying white america could try to spin some things into 'fuck terrorists hoorah' but I can't help but feel the middle east clusterfuck is going to be more embarrassing than vietnam for the most part.

Another decent possibility will be it will be viewed as 'the age of glorious internet freedom and pirate/youtube culture.' Who knows, maybe the media fatcats will finally kill piracy and free entertainment and everyone will descend further into wagecuckery as they're bled dry by microtransactions for every song and youtube video
>>
>>7753166
Yeah, it would be interesting to take a look at capitalism from the point of view of another ruling ideology, in another 50 or 70 years. When it's no longer off-limits to criticism, and when people break out of the "there is no alternative" mindset.
>>
>>7753206
>middle east more embarrassing than Nam
How, dude? Comparatively, no regular people care about the ME. No protests, no wildly popular cultural icon artefacts against the war, no one yelling very loudly for peace
>>
Depends a lot on what kind of future we're looking at. Sci-fi utopia? Radioactive wasteland? Aristocratic society?
>>
>>7753286
the blowback
>>
That would depend on the way future society would be and who's writing it.

For example, is transhumanim in vogue? Then if the author is for it, those supporting technology would be the heroes and those dominated by their bodies (the obese, the single mothers, the fitness nuts) would be demonized; if they're against it they would showcast whatever virtues they think are lost (down-to-earthness, respect for your body).

Or has modern civilization collapsed? Then technology was a forbidden fruit, or the glory of the ancient empire. These are two broad examples, you could get much more specific.
>>
Similarly to the works of American expats in the 1920s. Distanced people drifting unfulfilled through a bourgeoise fantasyland. Travelling the world, whether through the internet or the myriad means we have to do it with tourism but remaining unhappy. And as the 20s captured the feeling of declining masculinity and confused/directionless feminity people may recapture that sort of thread in regards to current homosexuality/transvestitism.
>>
>>7753057
How about capitalist vs anarchists.

>>7753105
You don't know what philosophy is. Get back to your board.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.