[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easily among the few noteworthy and influential contemporary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 188x225_alan_moore.jpg (21 KB, 188x225) Image search: [Google]
188x225_alan_moore.jpg
21 KB, 188x225
Easily among the few noteworthy and influential contemporary authors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SNKRo0Zalk

You know I'm right.
>>
>>7751103
>contemporary
Well, obviously, when you put it that way
>>
His flabby, pale, upper arms makes him look like a troll. He should either lift or wear longer sleeves, looks totes gross.
>>
>>7751103
Does he still have a weird feud with Morrison?
>>
>>7752715
>weird feud

If by that you mean 'cryptoastral psychoconflict' then yes
>>
>>7751103
Moore hasn't been noteworthy for a while, and anytime anyone posts him here I assume them to be A) someone from /co/ trying to show off how comics are adult B) someone from /lit/ trying to show he's open minded and can read comics.

I love Moore's work, but the stuff he's known for (save maybe VfV and Swamp Thing) aged very poorly, and his better work is the unknown stuff where he's not trying to prove a point or anything, just write a story.

That being said, his novel (The Voice of Fire? I didn't read it in english so I don't know the original name exactly) is beautiful and should be mentioned more around these parts. I'm also pretty hyped up for his next book.

>>7752715
Yes, which is weird, since Morrison has stated he actually loves a lot of Moore's work and only brings him up if asked these days
>>
>>7752731
>Moore hasn't been noteworthy for a while
Crossed+100 is actually noteworthy. First truly post-zombie craze story I've ever seen. Didn't help that it's a spin-off of a series that markets on edge and gore...

And Providence is, well, much of a reference-fest the way the first League of Extr. G was, but besides that technically great on its own.
>>
>>7752715
The feud was over Miracle Man. He started left it in the air, neil gaiman finished it. Originally Morrison wanted to write it. He flat out sad no. Moore loves to burn bridges and sources of income. Remember he wrote comics to get out of some tax debts. Mind you he doesn't get money from the sales of his evergreen books (watchmen etc) he wrote those over to the artists.
>>
>>7753681
Until recently Morrison still wanted to build a punk persona for himself, so he was looking to heckle someone bigger anyway
>>
>>7752731
>anytime anyone posts him here I assume them to be A) someone from /co/ trying to show off how comics are adult B) someone from /lit/ trying to show he's open minded and can read comics.

Nah, just a drink shitposter who's reading a book about Moore right now.

Too bad none of you showed up before I passed out last night.
>>
>>7755334
*drunk
>>
>>7753681
I'm pretty sure there was a hell of a lot more to the feud than just miracle man. Not... not anything actually important, just loads of various childish reasons.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.