[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /lit/. What do you guys do to help motivate you guys to write
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (9 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
9 KB, 284x177
hey /lit/. What do you guys do to help motivate you guys to write creatively? i've been wanting to pick up on my writing, but find it difficult to do so.

my job/profession requires a lot of writing, so part of me is exhausted when I want to do it creatively.
>>
File: pepetired.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepetired.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
bump
>>
>>7750555

You made the mistake of wanting to write creatively and choosing it as a career instead of as vocation, senpai

You're basically fukt
>>
>>7750840
No hope for me, then?

To clarify, I don't write "creatively" for a job, but I do lots and lots of writing
>>
>>7750859

Wow, you can't even read, let alone write
>>
>>7750891
You make absolutely no sense.
>>
>>7750891
I highly suggest you to look up what vocation means, because it is synonymous with career.
>>
>>7750555
What motivates me is listening to the great works of the masters. Not because there's anything in the music itself but to know that, for example, Schubert created over 600 works in a little more than three decades motivates me to assume a prolific manner similar to what was practiced by those great men of the past. The pressure I feel as a result tends to produce a few ideas that I am able to expand on for a story.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.