[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What book by Alexandre Dumas (father) would you recommend? Something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
What book by Alexandre Dumas (father) would you recommend? Something with that classic light feeling of adventure, that his pieces are known for.

I've read the classics; count of Monte Cristo, the three mousquetaires (also the follow up books) and aventures de John Davys (couldn't find the english name).
>>
pleb question: is he part black?
>>
>>7749501
yes, if I remember correctly her mother was african
>>
>>7749600
i think that only his grandpa was african
>>
>>7749501
ayo we wuz writers
>>
>>7749501
>>7749600
>>7749649
His Grandmother was an African Slave. His father was brought to France and educated as a nobleman and later became a general in the French army.
>>
>>7749501
Yes. He would be considered a 'quadroon' in the old system: his paternal grandmother was a Haitian plantation slave
The two paintings of his father General Thomas Alexandre Dumas depict him has being very black
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.