[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>meaning/unmeaning dichotomy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: BIRDS FROGS MOSQUITOES.png (3 MB, 1107x1765) Image search: [Google]
BIRDS FROGS MOSQUITOES.png
3 MB, 1107x1765
>>
>>7747909
>tfw my memes spread like wildfire
>>
>>7747929
There can't be unmeaning m8
>>
>>7748067
heh. hehahah... hehehahahahHAHAHEHAHAHAAHAHAHAHEHAHEHAHEHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7748072
You take meaning/unmeaning objects which can, like anything then, have semantic opposites ad infinitum to them.

Asides that, it's either everything has meaning or nothing has meaning, which should imply to you that in either case there is no possibility for the other case to exist.
>>
File: m'sides.gif (2 MB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
m'sides.gif
2 MB, 400x398
>>7748116
>>
File: Mach.jpg (45 KB, 550x373) Image search: [Google]
Mach.jpg
45 KB, 550x373
>accidentally implied meaning is inherent in things, rather than processes

>haven't reconciled "taking things on their own terms" and the legitimacy of metaphor as a mode of expression, or more accurately, as inherent to expression itself
>>
>>7748191
this is actually much smarter than anything in "birds frogs mosquitoes"
>>
>>7748210
it transcends the smart/stupid dichotomy.
>>
>>7748191
You are not taking things on their own terms if you're using metaphors.
>>
>>7748237
I'm pretty sure it's a dialectic though
>>
>>7748210
Woah woah woah, now that's just too far.
>>
File: ucjlLO8.png (372 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
ucjlLO8.png
372 KB, 624x480
>this thing that is commonly accepted to mean x is actually if we think about it more like its very opposite y, and vice-versa
>>
>>7748408
It was about centralized politics and cynicism, not contrarianism.
>>
File: extplanesday.jpg (90 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
extplanesday.jpg
90 KB, 700x467
>>7747929
BF&M is no meme my """friend""".
>>
>>7748420
Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA.
>>
>>7748238

That was my point, numbnuts.
>>
>>7748432
Uhhh... you don't get to bring birds.
>>
>>7748420
no, the
meme
>>
>>7748444
Wouldn't that be, in literary terms, the duality of something having meaning and no meaning at the same time?

Because then that implies that the message behind BF&M is that the meaning should be meaningless because it should be commonplace but in the present reality it has meaning because no one knows of the meaning and in the real reality falls upon the unmeaning wave of logic.

Right?
>>
>he didn't get it
>>
>>7748452
>trying to make meaning of the
>transcends meaning/unmeaning dichotomy
meme
pleb.
>>
>>7748629
Oh right there is an unmeaning, well there's always that loop hole.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.