[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GÖDEL, ESCHER, BACH: an Eternal Golden Braid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 20160226_152216.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160226_152216.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
Guy left this at my work, never came back for it, so i decided to take it home. Not familiar with it. Discuss
>>
Pop maths for people who don't know maths.

Rucker's Infinity and the Mind was so much better in delving into paradoxes and all that Godel shit.
>>
File: 20160226_152320.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160226_152320.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
This note was on paige 222. Seems to contain titles of other book. they all seem to be pretty deep philisophical works.
>>
>>7747635
Is that your handwriting OP? You seem almost intelligent.
>>
>>7747645
Nope. It was in the book when i found it. I assume it was the man who left it behind who wrote it.
>>
>>7747635
>black mirror

T O P K U K
>>
>>7747635
>Tom Robbins.
Pass.
>>
I like it. It's pop-science and it's playful to the point of being asinine, but it's got a great layman's explanation of Godel's theorem and the goofy chapters are fun if you're willing to run with 'em.
>>
>>7747631
hotglue it and put it on someone else's desk
>>
it's a great book that would catch you up to date with some modern topics in math and philosophy, and give you the curiosity to keep exploring it
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.