[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /lit/, what do you think about this book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Download.jpg (200 KB, 300x454) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
200 KB, 300x454
hey /lit/,
what do you think about this book?
>>
>>7745004
It's not from the perspective of Cecil 0/10
>>
>>7745007
tbqh I just started delving into it. so I don't really know much about him yet but I thought it would address Cecil's experiences from the actual podcasts, no?

I'm kinda intrigued because I saw some youtube fags recommend it and I though I'd pick it up. not far in yet.
>>
this is a tumblr thing right? So fat girls like this right?
>>
>>7745055
I guess. but a lot of reviews say it doesn't spout any feminist shill propaganda which is good.

15 pages in now, I gotta say I'm underwhelmed. it's just a bit of surrealism and lovecraftian gimmicks but poorly written. his style is bland. I expected a bit more. reviews say it gets better in the later chapters but I'll see. references to the fallout game series have also been made by people who reflected upon it.
>>
great book cover though, probably better than the book itself but it's often like that, isn't it?
>>
I tried listening to the podcast but it was poorly written- it goes out of its way to remind you it is only joking with the constant irony and self-aware delivery. If you want spooky surrealism Better Bad News is better.
>>
>>7746166
>If you want spooky surrealism Better Bad News is better.

thanks man, I check it out.

>its way to remind you it is only joking with the constant irony and self-aware delivery.

yeah I was thinking the same way about his writing style earlier today. I could tell I'm not a fan of that cheap irony shit.
>>
>>7746166
>Better Bad News
how is this better when it's fucking impossible to find anywhere? Did you get the name wrong or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHlAUTwSWkg

this? Is fucking awful.
>>
>>7746184
watch this one.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=mHlAUTwSWkg
>>
>>7746202
How the fucked did that happen.

Watch cognitive infiltration games. Good episode.
>>
One of the writers (Joseph Fink) used to write for Something Awful (under the name maxnmona) and posted on the forums a lot when they were still popular (including FYAD). I never cared much for his writing tbqh. Always found his style of humor kind of dull
>>
>>7746285
>Always found his style of humor kind of dull

it is and it therefore makes sense youtube and tumblr idiots are his main audience.
>>
more recommendations that are similar to that genre would be cool.
just asking.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.