[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey/lit/ lets rate each other's aphorisms. I'll start.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Old-man-photo-by-Ahmet-Demirel.jpg (47 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
Old-man-photo-by-Ahmet-Demirel.jpg
47 KB, 615x345
Hey/lit/ lets rate each other's aphorisms.
I'll start.

Maturity is the slow process by which who you want to be and who you ought to be converge to become the same thing.
>>
Maturity isn't a process though. It would have to be maturation.
>>
>>7744104
>>7744118
REKT
>>
>>7744118
Ah true. Fair criticism.
>>
When air is getting thin, you have to learn how to breathe people
>>
>>7744125
I like the mental image I'm getting off of that. I feel like the phrasing could be improved, though. If it were more effortless to interpret, it would hit harder.
>>
Only the few get joy from their disappointments, because they only search for truth.
>>
>>7744125
When your own air gets too thin, share your breath with others.

I don't even like that one too much, but its another approach.
>>
>>7744133
I feel like the wording of the punchline triggers more of a cognitive interpretation than a visceral one. I think a good aphorism should hit you with a splash of colour. Its hard but if I were to change it, I'd focus on that.
>>
>>7744148
Disappointment rarely brings joy, except for the few that only look for truth.

Better?
>>
If he ain't broke, don't feed him.
>>
>>7744162
I actually like the other one better.
>>
only time he'd cry was when there was no other way of getting water
>>
>>7744133
Switch your second only and the placement so it sounds more like the opening
>>
>>7744272
Only the few get joy from their disappointments, only because they search for truth.

Really? The meaning has changed and sounds forced kind of forced now.
>>
Don't be a cuck, just don't give a fuck.
>>
Sometimes a man or a woman isn't born right. These people have a mind with extra outlets, but a finite number of plugs.
>>
>>7744290
The few who find joy in their failures,
find it for seeking only the truth.

Is how I would put it tbqhwyf.
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEligion is the tendium of the normies.
>>
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
>>
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for I to forsake shitposting.
>>
>>7744104
You sound like a 10 year old. What you ought be and what you want to be are never the same thing. Otherwise mature people wouldn't have any regrets or ambitions. Are you even alive, kid?
>>
>>7744307
Nicht slecht.
>>
>>7744324
Heh
>>
>>7744324
been a while
>>
>>7744104
>s by which who you want to be
this is where i said "ugh" and stopped reading
>>
When meaning was clear, being a gramatic pedant is an uneducated rejection of linguistic evolution.
>>
>>7744104
Glumdrings will always be Glumdrings, what else could they be?
>>
>>7744338
genius
>>
>>7744803
I'm gonna start using that in online dating profiles
>>
>>7744125
>>7744130

I think it's more effective precisely because you need to digest it a bit more before it 'clicks'
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.