[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will happen when the allfather dies /lit?/ What will /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1456429247503.jpg (112 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1456429247503.jpg
112 KB, 1200x800
What will happen when the allfather dies /lit?/

What will /lit/ be like?
>>
>>7743464
His death will be the final nail in literature's coffin. He's like the last of a dying breed of literary academics who doesn't analyze everything through the lens of feminism or racism or some other -ism.
>>
>>7743464
Gene Wolfe will ascend and take his place as the world's preeminent scholar of literature and literary criticism.
>>
>>7743474
It decline of rationality in academics is unnerving, but to say Hardy here is the last of a dying breed is silly. Plus, just because he's in the right group doesn't mean he isn't a moron
>>
>>7743474
He analyzes everything through Freud and pretends he's doing it through Shakespeare.

His massive book on Shakespeare was originally a work on Freud.
>>
>>7743504
this man knows
>>
>>7743483
>Gene Wolfe

Trololololol
>>
>>7743515
You haven't even read his work, you Pleb.
>>
>>7743483
Why are you people doing this
>>
>>7743529
it could just be the work of a lone Wolfe
>>
>>7743522
Are you an ad for Gene Wolfe?

Because you try to work him into every thread on this board. I'm kind of surprised you haven't started a Gene Wolfe thread yet.
>>
>>7743540
>>7743487
>>
It could be that Bloom had prevented, by means of his brilliance, others from championing a non-sjw framework (e.g. identity, feminism, etc) for literary analysis and discussion.
>>
>>7743483

stop ruining every damn thread REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7743562
>ruining threads, with the greatness of Gene Wolfe
pleb
>>
File: American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg (216 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg
216 KB, 590x322
>>7743532
>>
In ways Bloom addressed issues of social responsibilities by being radical in his theories. I don't think there will be anyone exactly like him as popular as he was, as his legacy won't just wash away, but there should still be someone similar in attitude more or less.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.