[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be female >write shit plays that are basically 2edgy4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Le Smug Dyke face.jpg (19 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
Le Smug Dyke face.jpg
19 KB, 276x276
>be female
>write shit plays that are basically 2edgy4u and are designed solely to shock
>get rightly told that you're a shit dramatist who is so shit that she doesn't even know about Aristotle's injunction that to truly shock an audience, you shouldn't show them the act itself
>commit suicide because you're a failure
>suddenly, through the magic of suicide, all your shit becomes golden
>people start to show your plays again even though they cause people to faint in disgust
WYMEN
I fookin hate 'em m8. As soon as they kill themselves, everyone is supposed to be nice to their work, even though in life they would never afford anyone any sort of basic courtesy whatsoever.
Just look at this shit -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXvsGYovEFA
>>
said the impotent, ressentiment-filled man on an anonymous Cambodian pickle-curing consortium
>>
>>7743111
Yeah, well you're here too you shriveled up cunt, at least I came up with this original thread, which suggests I have more virility than you, who can only bitch at others, likely brought about by your seething resentment that you don't have a penis.
>>
File: oip.gif (1012 KB, 499x342) Image search: [Google]
oip.gif
1012 KB, 499x342
>>7743100
>To everyone who posted on this thread (including me)
>>
>>7743120
kek
>>
4:48 psychosis was okay to read. the fragmented style, though usually annoying, works in the case of psychosis. i don't know how pretentious it'd be on stage, never seen it.
>>
>be Plath
>be shit at writing poetry
>only have any modicum of fame because you're married to a master of nature poetry
>stick head in oven due to your fury at having zero talent and being married to a man infinitely more talented than you
>your death suddenly makes you an icon
>your work, which should have long been forgotten, is now the basis on which horrid slam poetry events are based on
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Bronte sisters - all shit, all committed suicide by proxy of natural disease.
>>
>>7743120
said the dense, generally oblivious man on an anonymous Maldivian saltwater surfing syndicate
>>
>>7743132
Many excellent authors - all male - have been capable of adequately explaining the nature of madness without resorting to "lol i eat dead baby :))))))". Zweig's Chess is just one example - doesn't show a single scene of brutality, yet conveys the true horror of isolation on the psyche. What does Blasted do to show how institutions can cause brutality or disease in man? "Lol, amma soldier who raped people".
She's shit, and a prototypical SJW too.
>>
>>7743156
You are doing exactly what you think an SJW would do:

>But many MEN have written about this, so why aren't these MEN having attention paid to them?!

Stop living inside your head for one second and you might that you, yes, YOU, are exactly what you hate.
>>
>>7743169
>so why aren't these MEN having attention paid to them?!
You're fucking joking right? Zweig is a giant of the Modernist canon, you fucking ignoramus. HOLY SHIT, this place has got bad.
>>
4:48 Psychosis really isn't that bad. It falls flat in a few spots and it's more than a little self-indulgent but I've read worse plays. I agree with that other poster though, I hesitate to see how it could be performed. Limited stage direction, no dialogue cues, I can't think it would be easy to direct.

OP needs to chill his shit a little. You could attack John Kennedy Toole for doing literally the exact same thing as Sarah Kane. Fuck the tired, boring, and uninspired argument that women are inherently shittier than men. Does nothing but betray your own intellectual laziness.
>>
>>7743175
>WHO WILL DEFEND THESE GIANTS OF THE MODERNIST CANON IF NOT MYSELF? SURELY THE CULTURAL INSTITUTIONS WHICH CANONIZED THEM HAVE NO POWER TO DO SO

This is literally you.
>>
You're right, OP. I'm sick of writers being discussed only because of their meme deaths.

Care to join me in another DFW or Yukio Mishima thread?
>>
>>7743156
I just read the synopsis. That was hilariously bad. Like edgy teenager on myspace bad. I never heard of her before this but she's clearly a fucking joke.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.