[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personal Statements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1454005804006.jpg (120 KB, 941x960) Image search: [Google]
1454005804006.jpg
120 KB, 941x960
Anybody got any tips on how to make yours stand out?
>>
be largely similar to others and act like a normal person
because if you can 'express' yourself with an uncommonly patterned scarf there wasnt much to express to begin with
>>
Why do you want to stand out? The implication is that you want to seem better than others in order to "win" some exclusive opportunity, in doing so subugating people you've never even met. Why are you so selfish? You should feel terrible.
>>
>>7742018
You can actually express something of yourself without completely expressing your entire being at once, anon.

Just don't wear something you like printed on a tshirt anon. Dress more like that thing.
>>
>>7742039
how do i dress like your moms asshole?
>>
be honest instead of trying to formulate a "personal" statement that will please other people
>>
>standing out
Shaking my head in dissapointment
>>
>ITT no one knows what a personal statement is

he's applying to grad school you retards
>>
>>7742044
Pink and loose. ;^)
>>
>>7742026
Babbys first projecting
>>
File: 1427242171542.jpg (18 KB, 232x255) Image search: [Google]
1427242171542.jpg
18 KB, 232x255
>>7742050
Oh
>>
You're better off playing it safe than trying to stand out. They want a fairly competent one, not one in which you attempt to be a special snowflake. It's only a tool of admission after all.

If you have an actual passions for the subject you are applying for it should be fairly easily.
>>
>>7742123
depends on what level of school he's going for
>>
>>7742059
the simple logic of capitalism my main man. what most fail to understand
>>
>>7742011
just be yourself, honestly... if you're passionate, go with it. Talk about things you find interesting. Profs probably don't give a shit about DofE and all that bullshit.
>>
>>7742026
>Why are you so selfish? You should feel terrible.
The spooks are strong in this one.
>>
>>7743090
I guess you are some libertarian fucktard huh
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.