[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Equality of outcome or equality of opportunity, /lit/? Or do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: 1420575578892[1].jpg (40 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1420575578892[1].jpg
40 KB, 444x444
Equality of outcome or equality of opportunity, /lit/? Or do you disagree with any sort of notion of equality?
>>
>>7740764
hey. how's it going? whatcha worried about? please don't worry buddy. everything's gonna be all right.
>>
>>7740768
what
>>
>>7740771
it's gonna be all right.
>>
>>7740771
It'll be fine, I promise :)
>>
File: zhao2.jpg (107 KB, 700x544) Image search: [Google]
zhao2.jpg
107 KB, 700x544
>>7740774
thank you friend
>>
>>7740764
>Equality of outcome or equality of opportunity
both
the only inequality is the individuality
>>
File: fred.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>7740764
Equality of nothing, you worshiper of the new idol.
>>
Neither.
>>
All notions of fantasy
>>
Full social and economic equality of opportunity, only achievable through communism. Absolute equality of opportunity is impossible or at the least entirely undesirable, because it would require removal of the individuality and empathy that makes equality desirable in the first place.
>>
It doesn't matter as long as there are cars and skyscrapers and roads everywhere separating us from the soil.
>>
>>>/his/
>>
File: 1439922412159.png (60 KB, 526x469) Image search: [Google]
1439922412159.png
60 KB, 526x469
>>7740764
Equality is antithetical to progress. Competition creates the most rapid and efficient progress, inventing paradigms you haven't even conceived of in your short-sighted abstraction of a problem. Winners and losers are an implicit outcome of competition. Equality is a cancerous value that embodies one's own insecurities of mediocrity and failure.
>>
>>7740764
Making people financially equal doesn't make them genetically equal. One of the main reasons women mate with smarter men is because of their greater access to resources within capitalism, not because of more intelligent genes. If you remove that incentive, women will mostly pair for physical attributes and you begin to practise dysgenics on humanity. Without a free market, we would be living in mud huts. Just check out the economic impact in any country who seriously attempted Marxs' delusions.
>>
Beta males create the greatest works of art and invent technologies which raise the quality of life for everyone. In communism, they are not adequately compensated because there is no financial gain, their social status remains the same, at the bottom, with no access to reproduction.
>>
>>7740764
They can be hard to differentiate in some situations. Anyway I'd say equality of opportunity over equality of outcome, but no one having it horrible above both.

Also, this isn't lit.
>>
Equality breeds mediocrity.

We should be fighting to the death in various exciting professions, where the loser literally dies.

Culling the population this way removes the bad children before they ever get a chance to make a negative impact on society as criminals or politicians.

Of course you do need to then separate the parents from the child, but this is simple, just force them to raise a different equivalent child every week, that way they love all human children not just their own, and feel pride when a human child proves his worth and lives, and feel the burning shame when one fails and eliminates herself from the gene pool.

This is not particularly harsh, we would simply create the strongest, smartest and best generations in an efficient scalable way. No more whinny spoiled disenchanted under over privileged little shits. Only the best and brightest for our future fatherland.

People would be glad to sacrifice themselves for the general improvement of mankind, because there would be no self-glorification in victory, and no shame in defeat since immediate death follows. To survive is to win and is expected.

The greatest lies ever told is that somehow human life is precious. If that was the case, then by that logic we should all stop and do nothing, merely congratulating ourselves for being born. And thats how the species fades into decline and malproportion.

Being born is merely an opportunity to live. Being strong, smart, brave, loyal, honorable, beautiful- those are the qualities that will see you survive in this new world. There is a place for all who try and apply themselves. And constantly culling those who do not, this is how you breed success.
>>
>>7742402
Consider that right now we are living in a world where the powerful stifle both meaningful competition and progress in favor of preserving their own power and passing it down to their descendants.

True equality of opportunity ensures that the great may be nurtured and rise above for the good of all rather than be stunted by the descendants of great men who care for and excel at nothing but preserving their own power.
>>
File: clap1.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
clap1.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>7742462
Upvoted
>>
>>7742477
If they can gain and keep power, then they probably have superior genetics. I don't really have a problem accepting that, familia. Keeping power structures means that if I deserve to be there I can make it, then my lineage will be maintained. If you don't keep any power structures, you lose good genes after a single generation.
>>
Equality is an ideal for the weak, the strong know it's a lie.
>>
File: iq.png (61 KB, 723x578) Image search: [Google]
iq.png
61 KB, 723x578
>>7742477
>passing it down to their descendants
IQ is genetic. eg. pic related.

Also, to keep this /lit/, read "The Blank Slate" by Steven Pinker.
>>
>>7742491
This is a thing you've been trained to believe. Believing that some people are somehow born superior to others is some ancient meme with no real scientific grounding.

Humans in fact have very low genetic diversity due to the fact that we've only exists as a species for a little over a hundred thousand years. Differences in personality, intelligence and even sexuality have a whole lot more to do with early life experiences than genetics.
>>
>>7742462
>Culling the population this way removes the bad children before they ever get a chance to make a negative impact on society as criminals or politicians.
stopped reading here.

you do know it would be the criminals who would always win right?
>>
>>7742499
Firstly, you're wrong. Read like, an actual study and not some internet meme shit that someone made in MS Word in three minutes.

Secondly, IQ tests are a stupid way of gauging intelligence. Which is why they've been phased out by everyone but fucking mensa.
>>
File: morpheus_dracula_flesh.jpg (137 KB, 397x303) Image search: [Google]
morpheus_dracula_flesh.jpg
137 KB, 397x303
>>7740764
Equality of basic rights, state regulated health, education and security, free market otherwise.
I want a world were people compete to be better, not to be a one-eyed kind in the land of the blind.
>>
>>7742537
>Believing that some people are somehow born superior to others is some ancient meme with no real scientific grounding
>no real scientific grounding
Read The Blank Slate.

>>7742576
>IQ tests are a stupid way of gauging intelligence
That'll be why they accurately predict success in career, life and risk of criminality. You think they're stupid because you're stupid.
>>
state bureaucracy is equal civilisation. for as long as you value that ahead of anarcho primitivism then equality of opportunity is a necessity. For the most part that should come in the form of distributism where those with the least get more .

I can't think of any examples at the moment but there might be cases where equality of outcome is a requirement. TO break a cycle of poverty or something. I don't know

welfarism is vital compensation for the restrictions imposed on our lives by the formation of organised state and civil society.

Now that it has been imposed, we can't withdraw the regulations until everyone is back on a even footing. Otherwise it would amount to an elaborate con.

It's an accidental con perpetrated by millions (everyone) over centuries
simply because we have protect our self interest and that instinct doesn't evaporate no matter how much we acquire. But mainly it's because those with more resources have a greater chance of turning the state to further their advantage.

It's not a blame game it's structural and anyone trying to put it down to agency is arrogantly exculpating themselves and scapegoating (jews, bankers bonuses etc)
>>
>>7742602
*state IS civiisation

*>get more
until they can support themselves
>>
>>7742555
I would remove the people who don't share my vision first, so naturally I would never have to deal with someone as myopic and porcine such as yourself.
>>
Equality of opportunity + the minimal level of material equality required for true equality of opportunity.

Basically I believe in equality of opportunity, but I realize that certain extravagant levels of outcome-inequality make that nearly impossible.
>>
>>7742537
So i guess in your world it is useless to breed dogs for intelligence because everything is about "early life experience". You should tell the breeders man, you've really discovered something unique that totally wasn't programmed into your head to aid current elite goals. You also want to disregard the entirety of recorded history, where people knew that intelligence where something that depended on lineage, just like any other trait like beauty for example....

In your world i'm the programmed one, and in my world you are the programmed one. A long while ago i used to be like you because i didn't want to be seen as a "bad" person. Turns out all those racist, sexist people where the "good" people -- because at least they see the world as it is and you're allowed to say whatever the fuck you want and think and the antiracists and non-sexists where the bad because they stifle discussion, make you into a bad person and are generally fascist.
>>
>>7740774

DO YA HEAR ME, DO YA FEEL ME, WE GON BE ALL RIGHT.
>>
>>7740764
Equal Outcome = Equal Opportunity

Free will is an illusion
>>
>>7742692
Agree with this. Not all opportunity is socio-economic.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.